TV Time: Once Upon a Time

29 Sep

Fairy tale rewrites are HUGE nowadays. It’s almost the “in” thing with writers in all kinds of work (authors, television, movies, etc.). Think about it: Movies like Tangled, Shrek, and Snow White and the Huntsman are all fairy tale retellings. Novels like Throne of Glass and A Curse Dark as Gold (I had the joy of sitting down and talking with author, Elizabeth C. Bunce, but I will post about that another day—she’s an amazing author!) are as well.

I don’t watch television very often, so when I find a show that I really enjoy, I’m very conflicted about my day. (Watch or write?). In this case, when I need a break, I’m watching this show.

Once Upon a Time is a fantastic fairy tale series—magically transporting viewers into Storybrooke with every character you can imagine—Snow White, Little Red Riding Hood, Rumpelstiltskin, even the seven dwarfs! Because of the Evil Queen’s curse, none of the characters remember who they are, and it’s up to Emma (Snow White’s daughter) to break the spell and return everyone’s memories. (My roommate’s favorite game was guessing which fairy tale each character was before it was revealed.)  If you like magical tales, romantic princes, brave heroines, and an evil queen, this show is for you!

Season 2 premiers tomorrow, and I can’t wait to see what happens! (This review is difficult, because I can’t give anything away, but I want to sooooo badly.)

Once Upon a Time Season 2 premieres tomorrow at 8 p.m. ET on ABC.

Watch free and full episodes by clicking here.

And join me in my fairy tale obsession,

10 Responses to “TV Time: Once Upon a Time”

1. danpentagram September 29, 2012 at 12:46 pm #

I love guessing which fairytale each episode is about too! I love how they reinvent some of the tales and not just copy them as we all them. It’s all original stuff!

• Shannon Thompson September 29, 2012 at 2:04 pm #

It’s great game! I have to say my favorite was wondering who the wolf was in Little Red Riding Hood’s tale.

2. changeforbetterme September 29, 2012 at 1:46 pm #

I love this show and will be right with you Sunday night when it comes on! Also thanks for following my blog! Appreciate it a lot!

3. picturemereading September 29, 2012 at 2:05 pm #

I love this show :) I need to catch up on the episodes though! :) Thanks for the follow..following back now!

4. Sonya Loveday September 29, 2012 at 7:05 pm #

Love, love, love this show!! Thanks for the reminder! And thanks for following my blog :)

5. nicholestark September 29, 2012 at 7:30 pm #

I haven’t watched this show yet, and the last thing I probably need is another show to watch but it sounds right up my ally. Since a few years ago I was moaning about how there’s just no good tv anymore (and a bit cranky that the good ones seem to always get canceled) I’m now overloaded with good shows, I almost feel an obligation to watch.

6. cannabis seeds September 30, 2012 at 10:46 pm #

I have been browsing on-line greater than three hours these days, but I by no means discovered any interesting article like yours. It’s lovely worth sufficient for me. In my opinion, if all webmasters and bloggers made just right content material as you probably did, the internet might be much more helpful than ever before.

7. kellisamson October 1, 2012 at 6:30 am #

Loved the season premiere last night!!

8. blog October 1, 2012 at 7:47 am #

I am extremely impressed along with your writing talents as well as with the format for your blog. Is that this a paid topic or did you modify it your self? Either way stay up the excellent high quality writing, it’s rare to look a nice weblog like this one nowadays..

9. Leah October 14, 2012 at 6:57 pm #

I used to love this show then fell out of watching it :/ I definitely need to catch up on it!