Inspirational Meet: Kristine Andersen

10 Oct

I know I haven’t posted the past few days even though I’ve promised to post every day, but I’m grieving at the moment. Unfortunately, this week, I lost a very dear loved one. My roommate since 2009, Kristine Andersen, passed away Sunday, and I thought I could dedicate this post to her wonderful life and her lovable memory.

Kristine loved rugby, her cat Iona, and, most of all, her friends and family. She touched everyone around her with her spunky attitude and endearing personality.

So I ask for you all to take a moment and remember the loved ones in your life. Tell them you love them—hug them—anything. In the memory of Kristine, love as much as you can, because those memories become treasures.

Rest in Peace, Kristiney.

August 13, 1991—October 7, 2012

Memorials are suggested to your local Veteran’s Service Organization.

41 Responses to “Inspirational Meet: Kristine Andersen”

1. danpentagram October 10, 2012 at 9:41 pm #

I am very sorry about your sad news. What a lovely post. My thoughts are with you.

2. Nafees October 10, 2012 at 9:44 pm #

Rest in peace, I’m really sorry.

3. Anya October 10, 2012 at 10:13 pm #

I’m sorry for your loss. On Friday, I’m visiting a dear friend who is having a lung cancer surgery. I know she will be fine, but your post just reminded me to give a call to everyone else, see how they are doing, stay in touch, and love. Rock on for being a novelist, I hope you’ll immortalize this emotion in writing.

• Shannon Thompson October 18, 2012 at 8:12 am #

This comment touched me deeply. Thank you. I hope you were able to see how everyone else is doing as well as your friend.

4. Clanmother October 10, 2012 at 10:40 pm #

I am very sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time as you grieve and remember a dear friend.. Someone gave me this quote when I lost someone very close to me – “Death is not extinguishing the light; it is putting out the lamp because dawn has come.” Rabindranath Tagore.

• Shannon Thompson October 18, 2012 at 8:11 am #

lovely quote. The one I’ve been relying on right now is by Jill Bialosky,
      “To get through the night, I sometimes imagined the sky filled with a canopy of stars. I imagined that each star contained the soul of a girl or boy who had died too young, and the light the stars gave off was their brightness.”

• Clanmother October 18, 2012 at 9:28 am #

Lovely…a wonderful thought…

5. joehinojosa October 11, 2012 at 1:23 am #

I’m sorry for you loss. Mr prayers go out to your and to the family.

6. Nafiza October 11, 2012 at 1:30 am #

I hope you have someone you can hug tight during this time.

7. stevenwwatkins October 11, 2012 at 3:09 am #

Shannon: Thanks for stopping by my site and for your follow. I’m so sorry to hear of your loss. A few weeks back, I wrote a post on what it’s like to lose your best friend. I enjoyed reading about you, and wish you luck in your studies. And I love your book cover’s clean look. Take care. … steve

8. stevenwwatkins October 11, 2012 at 3:09 am #

PS: swing on down to Memphis some time and I’ll take you through Graceland.

• Shannon Thompson October 18, 2012 at 8:05 am #

I’d love that! (Although, unfortunately, I doubt I will have time to do so, but thanks for the offer.)

9. Joycelyn October 11, 2012 at 5:41 am #

So sorry for your loss dear, I am sure she will always be remembered.

10. jennnadams October 11, 2012 at 8:21 am #

I’m sorry to hear of your loss. Thoughts and prayers going out to you and to her family.

11. moonstonemaiden October 11, 2012 at 8:54 am #

I’m so sorry for your loss, my prayers go out to you.

12. mistytucker October 11, 2012 at 10:57 am #

So sorry for your loss.

13. Amanda October 11, 2012 at 12:12 pm #

I’m so sorry for your loss. It sounds like she was a great friend.

14. yhosby October 11, 2012 at 1:23 pm #

I’m sorry for your loss.

15. clifflkey October 11, 2012 at 1:41 pm #

I am so sorry for your loss. May you find peace.

16. The Not-So-New Newlywed October 11, 2012 at 5:37 pm #

I am so sorry for your loss. I was a Freshman in college when I lost my best friend, and you are definitely in my thoughts.

17. cgiovanniwrites October 11, 2012 at 6:36 pm #

I’m sorry to hear this. You’re in my thoughts.

18. P. C. Zick October 12, 2012 at 5:41 am #

Peace to you and all those who loved her.

19. picturemereading October 12, 2012 at 5:52 am #

I am really sorry for your loss :(

20. angelsin92 October 15, 2012 at 1:51 am #

R.i.P, My prayers go to you, other friends, and family.

21. khaula mazhar October 15, 2012 at 9:20 am #

Very sorry for your loss, may she rest in peace.

22. lwpatricks October 17, 2012 at 6:53 am #

Sorry to hear about the loss of a friend. It’s always a tough time…it makes you sit back and realize how every second is really a gift. Hold onto your friends and family and treat them like the world is coming to an end, and you’ll live through life without a regret.

23. ahavlicek October 17, 2012 at 12:19 pm #

I’m sorry that you’re having to remember your friend at such a sad time. You did a wonderful job on your page. She was way too young to die. I will think of all my family and friends and hold them closer today. May your friend rest in peace and not feel any pain. May she rest with the angels. She was lucky to have a friend like you.

24. PartlyPixie October 17, 2012 at 5:33 pm #

It is difficult to find words in the midst of grief, and the loss of a friend is one of the most powerful events we can experience in thislife. You have spoken truly and sweetly of her memory, and that is courageous.

Thank you for this reminder that life is prescious and the people in it priceless. My heart goes out to you. May you grieve well and completely, and remember her with joy all of your days.

25. Anna Scott Graham October 17, 2012 at 5:59 pm #

My sincere condolences. Such a lovely photograph of you two; prayers are sent for you and all who loved her.

26. Shannon Thompson October 18, 2012 at 8:04 am #

Thank you for all of your prayers and condolences. All of your comments and messages are very kind, and I appreciate every one very much.

27. drcherylmeier October 20, 2012 at 1:22 am #

Shannon! So sorry for your loss!
    They truly are just a veil away… I know it doesn’t feel like that–in this moment.
    (the mystics have helped me in so many ways –through the grief):
    “No one’s Spirit-Soul dies. The Ego-Spirit-Soul is Life. Only the material body dies…you must keep him in your mind and heart so that you can come in contact with him…”
    This mystic, Stylanos Atteshlis wrote that.
    (it gets really “deep” but beautiful to think that we are the ones living in the shadowlands and they are now in an even more conscious place!) — I can’t fit it all into a “comment” but I’ve experienced the above to be true….(meditation, etc.)
    Xoxo

28. creationsbycathy October 23, 2012 at 12:15 pm #

Shannon…First of all – Thank you for your like and follow on my blog.
    More importantly, just like everyone else, I want to tell you how heartbreaking it was to hear about your sweet friend. I have twins who are about your age, and the thought of losing anyone at that age is just incomprehensible. I cannot wrap my mind around it. I am truly sorry and will remember all of you, who are so missing her, in my thoughts and prayers… <3.

29. coastalmom January 18, 2013 at 8:18 am #

I am sorry for your loss. I know I am coming in the backdoor a little late and fortunately, time has passed ~ Though it will always hurt and there will always be times when you will want to share something and can’t… but time does take the edge off and so selfishly, I am glad I am not coming in when the pain is still so raw for you. And as I always say… I wish there was a better button than LIKE here… for times like these. I don’t like that you are in pain. But I do like your beautiful writing!

• Shannon Thompson January 18, 2013 at 8:33 am #

Your words are so nice. Thank you for your kindness. I really appreciate it, and I’m glad your friend, Jim, has connected us.

30. Allan May 16, 2014 at 11:18 am #

Woah! I’m really loving the template/theme of this website.
    It’s simple, yet effective. A lot of times it’s very difficult to
    get that “perfect balance” between usability and appearance.
    I must say you’ve done a fantastic job with this. In addition, the blog loads very quick for me on Chrome.
    Excellent Blog!

1. Shannon Summary: Publishing « Shannon A Thompson - December 6, 2012

[...] was also dedicated to my roommate, Kristine Andersen, who passed away October 7, [...]

2. Happy New Year: New Poetry Page! « Shannon A Thompson - January 1, 2013

[...] here, if you haven’t already. As always, if you’re a family member and/or a friend of Kristine Andersen, you can send me an email via my Contact Page, and I’ll distribute the link for sale since [...]

3. How I Handle Rejection | Shannon A Thompson - March 23, 2013

[...] personal and riveting, so I chose, knowing it’s still a sensitive subject, to write about my roommate’s recent death and compare it to my [...]

4. Shannon Summary: Six Months In | Shannon A Thompson - March 25, 2013

[...] Inspirational Meet: Kristine Andersen: this means a lot to me by the way. Kristine’s death has been very difficult, but knowing [...]

5. Why WordPress Is So Important To Me | Shannon A Thompson - September 27, 2013

[…] October 7, 2012, my roommate, Kristine Andersen, passed away. I hadn’t been able to blog, even though I’d promised to post every other day, so […]

6. From Wattpad to Publication | Shannon A Thompson - May 13, 2014

[…] if you’ve been with me since 2012, then you know what happened: my roommate – Kristine Andersen – passed […]