Music Muse: DeLord

24 Oct

After I posted my interview “How Do I Write?” I received a few emails regarding my answer about music. Some of you were surprised to find out I don’t write with a soundtrack (as many think of music while writing as the soundtrack during a movie), and others asked me what kind of music I listen to where the lyrics aren’t distracting (because they’ve had the same problem), so I thought I’d explain more in depth. Plus, I realized I’ve only posted one other “Music Muse,” so where could I go wrong?

I LOVE classical music—which I know isn’t for everyone. To be honest, I’ve been listening to classical music since I spied on my grandfather in what I remember to be the “gold room” in his house (the room was decorated nicely, and us little kids weren’t allowed in it without an adult).

When it comes to classical music, of course I listen to the classics (ha. Beethoven. Mozart. Etc.) But, my recent favorite is DeLord. There’s something very haunting and mesmerizing about his sound that I can’t get enough of.

So, without further explanation, I’ll let his instruments explain:

Click here to listen to my absolute favorite: Inseguirsi by DeLord

7 Responses to “Music Muse: DeLord”

1. picturemereading October 24, 2012 at 2:47 pm #

It’s interesting I find music inspiring when I draw too.. :)

2. Nafees October 24, 2012 at 9:16 pm #

music drives me crazy :)

3. aminowrimo October 25, 2012 at 2:43 pm #

I listen to just about anything when I write. If I’ve listened to the song enough times, I can tune out the words.

I love listening to classical music too! Not all the time, because sometimes I want something with a more stand-out beat, but sometimes it’s exactly what the doctor ordered. Beethoven’s 5th Symphony is my absolute favorite, but I do like some Chopin and Mozart and Vivaldi as well. Unfortunately, it’s hard to get onto my iPod at the moment.

4. mrsgillies November 2, 2012 at 6:44 pm #

Thanks for sharing! I listened to the clip and really enjoyed it and have started listening to a lot of his other stuff. It’s great!

5. Delord March 21, 2014 at 2:00 pm #

I’m working on my new album, I’ll send you a copy of my new composition.

Delord

• Shannon A Thompson March 21, 2014 at 3:16 pm #

Oh, my goodness! I am such a fan. I would love, love, LOVE that. Please feel free to send me an email at shannonathompson@aol.com. I would definitely mention your work on my blog again.

1. Music Muse: DeLord « Wyndy Dee - October 25, 2012