Music Muse: My December

3 Dec

I haven’t mentioned music which inspires my writing in a while, so I thought this song, considering December’s arrival, would be a great one to mention.

“My December” by Linkin Park is a lovely and mellow song, unlike some of their rocker songs. I love this song. I used to love it so much, I would listen to it on repeat (which I’ll admit I still do every once in a while.) It could be the mellow sound or the piano accompaniment. I’m not completely sure. Maybe it’s just one of those songs that I can personally connect with which I hope I can share with you in a positive manner.

So listen to it here.

And let me know if you know artists or songs like this, because I’m always up for suggestions!

8 Responses to “Music Muse: My December”

1. Emma December 3, 2012 at 10:37 am #

I listened to this song all the time in school. Very mellow but also kind of sad, and a great way to feel your teen angst :)
    I also love Run by Collective Soul.

2. moonstonemaiden December 3, 2012 at 11:39 am #

Florence + the Machine’s music is breathtaking and beyond beautiful (Never Let Me Go, is fantastic), The Civil Wars are mellow and wonderful, and both Adele and Heather Dale have a nice, calm sound (most of the time). :D

3. Fallyn December 3, 2012 at 3:59 pm #

I loved this song, I remember it always seeming out of place though on the reanimation album, it was almost right in the middle of all of their other songs that were rock, or I think they were still labeled alternative then, still though, it’s a great song. Some of Evanescence’s songs remind of it when I think about it, not all of them but a few, like “Good Enough” comes to mind.

4. jqtrotter December 3, 2012 at 6:16 pm #

I loved “My December” in high school. It was my favorite Linkin Park song. It’s been a while since I’ve heard it, thanks for the reminder.

5. danpentagram December 3, 2012 at 10:42 pm #

‘Leave Out All The Rest’ by Linkin Park connected with me – absolutely fell in love with it when i first heard it. Also ‘Broken’ by Seether ft Amy Lee gives me goosebumps when i listen to it.

6. cmsaunders December 4, 2012 at 1:11 am #

Wow, I could talk all day about what music I find emotive or inspirational. But I will give you just one recommendation and leave it at that, hopefully then you will follow it up. This is a case of ‘less is more.’ The band, from Wales, is called Funeral for a Friend (named after an Elton John track) and the song is Into Oblivion. Truly awesome. Or you could just get hold of the entire album, Tales Don’t Tell Themselves. ;-)

7. trixycae December 4, 2012 at 10:41 am #

This is one of my favourite LP songs. Thank you for reminding me of it. I agree with danpentagram’s choice of “Broken” by Seether ft Amy Lee. It is beautiful and touching. You might also like Breaking Benjamin’s “Rain”.

8. A Writer Inspired December 8, 2012 at 10:09 am #

I tried something new and got on Youtube and put in one of those vids with music in them: 1-hour of epic music or 1 hour of movie music. I can’t tell you how it changed my writing. You find a zone and you just seem to go.

My favorite Linkin Park song is with JayZ “Numb” it fits in almost all of my stories :)