Shannon Summary: Publishing

6 Dec

I have exciting news!

I had the wonderful opportunity to share a great semester with talented poets, and our collection, “Poems: a collection of works by twelve young Kansas poets” was privately published at the end of our semester.

It was also dedicated to my roommate, Kristine Andersen, who passed away October 7, 2012.

This was not only a touching moment but one I will not forget.

I, unfortunately, cannot offer to sell it, because it was privately published. If you are, however, a friend or family member of Kristine, send me a private email via my contact page, and I can send you the link for purchasing.

Thank you for following me, reading my reviews, and supporting me as I continue to dive into the publishing world.

And, of course, follow your dreams, because they are always, and will forever be, possible.

Here’s a picture of me with collection!

Photo on 2012-12-05 at 23.16 #3

19 Responses to “Shannon Summary: Publishing”

1. Nafees December 6, 2012 at 9:18 pm #

congrats :)

2. ManicDdaily December 6, 2012 at 9:25 pm #

Congratulations! k.

3. Sherry December 6, 2012 at 9:31 pm #

Hi Shannon, Thank you for coming by my blog and signing up to follow along. I enjoy meeting new folks, especially up and budding writer/authors. Feel free to stop by and say hi sometime. Bittersweet news about the book of Poems, yes? To dedicate to a beloved friend, to see yourself behind a cover. Joy and sorrow combined. A poets dream and nightmare. I do understand.

Good luck in future endeavors. I’ll let you know when my poetry is released in the spring!

• Shannon Thompson December 6, 2012 at 9:32 pm #

Thank you for your understanding, commitment, and endearing congrats. Please let me know when it’s released, and I will surely stop by in the future.

4. kyrielan December 6, 2012 at 9:40 pm #

Congratulations!

5. mlhe December 6, 2012 at 10:06 pm #

Thanks for the follow…I’ve returned the favor! You are the age of my daughter who is a senior at Univ. Washington. She likes to sleep too, but you’ve both accomplished a lot!

6. Immanuell Domunge December 7, 2012 at 4:05 am #

Congratulations for the book where you´ve been published.

7. Heidi Street December 7, 2012 at 5:00 am #

Congratulations! It must be pretty awesome to hold something that is published with your writing in it! Keep up the good work :D

8. Jessica Vealitzek December 7, 2012 at 8:29 am #

Congratulations! I’ve been perusing your blog and you’re already quite accomplished. Will be interesting to see what more you do!

9. joystjames December 7, 2012 at 8:41 am #

so wonderfully said….

10. jqtrotter December 8, 2012 at 8:33 am #

Congratulations!

11. P. C. Zick December 11, 2012 at 4:00 pm #

What a wonderful way to honor your friend’s memory and a way to heal her loss. Congratulations to you, Shannon.

12. Al Kline February 19, 2013 at 1:06 pm #

Could you share any of these poems with us?

• Shannon Thompson February 19, 2013 at 6:06 pm #

The one that are published are on my poetry collection page. Also, I have three others that I read at my Undergraduate Reading Series on my post (Feb. 11) about that.

• Al Kline February 19, 2013 at 8:38 pm #

13. ahem_mayispeak March 12, 2013 at 12:18 pm #

This is great! Who says “young people” only know how to txt. I am just starting my foray into poetry because my 8-year-old is quite inspired by it. I’ll let her know you are never too young to write!

1. Happy New Year: New Poetry Page! « Shannon A Thompson - January 1, 2013

[...] Kansas poets.” Previously, I posted about this accomplishment, and you can read about it here, if you haven’t already. As always, if you’re a family member and/or a friend of [...]

2. Welcome to a new friend: Shannon A Thompson | Hey Sweetheart, Get Me Rewrite! - May 1, 2013

[...] The poetry collection in Kristine Andersen’s memory can be read about here. [...]

3. Why WordPress Is So Important To Me | Shannon A Thompson - September 27, 2013

[…] but I also gained a family—a WordPress family—and you have been here with me through my poetry publication, my novel publication, and other events, like reading at The Spencer Museum of Art and my […]