Relax & Read: The Host

21 Dec

Happy Doomsday.

I hope we’re all still alive, unlike the Mayan calendar predicted (which isn’t true if you’ve researched, but that’s not the point…Right?)

However, since the end of the world is supposedly today’s main event, I thought I would share a novel with that concept. tumblr_m3v4chx2xc1qm6yt5o1_250

“The Host” by Stephanie Meyer takes place on earth after we’re invaded by human hosts who, honestly, make the world a better place to live.

When Melanie is taken over, however, she rebels by staying within her body, and working with her “Wanderer” in order to survive. Strangely enough, her Wanderer begins fighting with her, and they work together in her body to save the human existence.

Read more about the novel here.

And the movie (which comes out in March) here.

8 Responses to “Relax & Read: The Host”

1. Emma December 21, 2012 at 3:32 am #

I read this one a few years ago and wasn’t very impressed, but the trailer for the film looks really good.

2. Olivia Wolf December 21, 2012 at 11:20 am #

I really enjoyed this book, its good to see Stephanie Meyer write something different than the famed Twilight series

3. kelihasablog December 22, 2012 at 10:28 am #

I read this last year or so and it’s a great book! I’d recommend it to anyone also… :D

• mbenjamins December 22, 2012 at 10:33 am #

This sounds like a fun book! A great read for the holidays–Thanks! I’ll be checking it out!

4. jackie December 22, 2012 at 9:12 pm #

Did you like it? I saw this one ages ago in the book store and always wondered what it was about so thanks for the summary–and the follow.. Lovely blog!

• Shannon Thompson December 22, 2012 at 9:49 pm #

I did like it. To be honest, I found Meyer’s description of Arizona appealing mixed with the fear of the “good” takeover. The fact that the women shared one body causes a lot of issues, romantic and intellectual.

5. rawmultimedia December 26, 2012 at 8:55 pm #

hmmm :)

1. Movie Mention: The Host | Shannon A Thompson - April 4, 2013

[...] Host is the movie adaption of Stephenie Meyer’s novel, The Host, which I wrote about my post December 21: Relax: The Host. So I’ve read the novel before [...]