Movie Mention: Django Unchained

3 Jan

Last night, I saw Django Unchained, and I loved it!

If you are a Quentin Tarantino fan, buy a ticket and drive to the nearest theatre now. Seriously.

Not only is Jamie Foxx entertaining, but Christoph Waltz’s character, Dr. King Schultz, is hilariously brilliant. You’ll be cheering for these two bounty-hunters as they fight to save Django’s wife from the ruthless Calvin Candie (Leonardo DiCaprio…and, come on, who doesn’t like a little Leo now and then?)Django_Unchained_Poster

However, I understand Quentin Tarantino films are very gore-filled and extremely violent, so this movie isn’t for everyone (and it’s definitely not for children.) As Calvin Candie said, “Adult supervision is required.” So get some friends together or take a date, and go see this drama-filled western.

More information on Django here.

Enjoy!

26 Responses to “Movie Mention: Django Unchained”

1. Leisa January 3, 2013 at 2:51 am #

I had a friend mention this movie to me the other day, now you mention it here! I love a good western..so I’m definately going to check this one out.

Thanks for the heads up

2. Maggie Thom January 3, 2013 at 8:30 am #

Glad to hear it is good. I love Jaimie Fox, he’s a good actor. I’ll check it out as soon as I get some free time. Thanks for the review.

3. picturemereading January 3, 2013 at 11:25 am #

I love Tarantino!

4. Six String Samurai January 3, 2013 at 2:44 pm #

I’ve been excited to see this movie – I love all of Tarantino’s movies, and I’ve heard this is really good. How does this rank with your favorites of his?

• Shannon Thompson January 3, 2013 at 4:11 pm #

I really liked Kill Bill and Pulp Fiction. Strangely, I didn’t enjoy Inglorious Bastards, even though I can’t figure out exactly why I couldn’t connect with it. Django, however, is probably my new favorite of his.

• Six String Samurai January 3, 2013 at 10:53 pm #

My only problem with Inglorious Bastards is the fact that they killed Hitler. It made it difficult to view it as anything more than a fantasy film, which is a shame – I kind of wish they had existed. I still haven’t seen Kill Bill (I know, I know), but Pulp Fiction is right up there too.

• Shannon Thompson January 3, 2013 at 11:19 pm #

I had the same problem with Inglorious, although I’ve never found someone who felt the same. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
        I’ve heard Django is pretty historically accurate, but I haven’t researched it myself.

• Six String Samurai January 3, 2013 at 11:27 pm #

I’m not always a stickler for historically accurate, but when a movie is otherwise great, it makes me want to feel like the characters actually lived at some point in history.

• Shannon Thompson January 3, 2013 at 11:32 pm #

I agree. It allows for the story to be more relatable & hopeful.

5. Gregg Cebrzynski January 3, 2013 at 3:45 pm #

I saw the trailer for this when I saw “Lincoln” and was intrigued. Then I read the reviews, which mentioned all the blood and gore. If I go see this I’ll take a grownup along with me. I still think “Pulp Fiction” is Tarantino’s best.

• Shannon Thompson January 3, 2013 at 4:12 pm #

LOVE Pulp Fiction. I was just discussing this. If you end up seeing Django, let me know how it ranks with Pulp Fiction and other Tarantino films.

6. wordschat January 4, 2013 at 9:38 am #

Seeing it Saturday. Aside from the N word it looks devishly good.

7. Ben January 4, 2013 at 9:56 am #

Looking forward to watch this!

8. RigoHC January 4, 2013 at 5:13 pm #

I rarely go to the movies anymore it’s so overpriced I usually watch movies online or tv but Tarantino def is worth a trip to the theater, Iv’e loved every movie he’s made since I first watched Reservoir Dogs, side note; I discovered(wikipedia) a couple years ago that he went to the same High school and middle school as I did in LA, that was very cool because I love all his movies

9. Papizilla January 4, 2013 at 11:13 pm #

Hi! Your blog was one of my favorites to read and follow in 2012, so i nominated you for the Blog of the Year award.
    Check it out:

10. tedstrutz January 5, 2013 at 10:55 am #

I can’t wait… unfortunately it takes a while for movies to get to our island… we only have 2 screens. Soon I hope. Good Grief… they kept ‘Parental Guidance’ for 3 weeks.

11. Maia J January 5, 2013 at 2:49 pm #

I saw it the other night and I have to say that I loved it as well! It’s a must see!

12. Piscis January 5, 2013 at 4:59 pm #

It was pretty crazy! Classic Tarantino madess. Christoph Waltz is pretty much awesome in everything.

13. floandrise January 5, 2013 at 8:24 pm #

Awesome movie!! I saw it more as a love story than anything else. Everyone who played in it was at their best. A definite movie to see and have in your DVD collection when available!!

14. toppersbooks January 5, 2013 at 11:02 pm #

I saw it and I have to say the use of the n-word made me really uncomfortable – not only hearing the word but the sheer number of times it was used when there are similar words (at least, I think so from reading Gone with the Wind) that could have been used also.
    I don’t think it’s terribly historically accurate, at least not from my wikipedia research.
    There were some smaller elements that I really enjoyed though, and overall the movie was pretty darn good.

15. jncahill January 6, 2013 at 7:53 pm #

I really enjoyed it. So did my fiance’ and his friends. Someone mentioned the overuse of the “n” word. It does seem like that, but I think they were probably doing so to stir up even more emotion because I don’t know if it’s just me, but every time the word was used, especially by a bad character, it made me really want them to get justice for their crimes.

16. ThatRandomIdea January 11, 2013 at 12:30 pm #

man, I love this movie! a fun bloody homage(:

17. JA Leonard January 11, 2013 at 3:33 pm #

I haven’t been to a movie theater in years, I might have to go for this one. Glad to hear it lives up to Tarantino’s others.

18. Patty Castro January 12, 2013 at 12:47 am #

My brother told me about this. Will be shown in the Philippines in March. Part of my must-watch list! :)

19. amaryllisturman January 13, 2013 at 9:24 am #

This is on my list to see!