Event: Book Signing

14 Jul

I think the title says it all!

I’m going to be selling and signing books on July 27. 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. at Joe’s Town (12236 S. 71 Highway Grandview, MO 64030) On top of that, it’s all part of an art show, so there will be plenty of authors to meet as well as other artists.

So if you live within driving distance, feel free to come on out! I’d love to meet more followers, writers, etc.  I haven’t done a book signing since 2007, so I’m very excited for this opportunity, and I can’t wait to meet more wonderful artists!

Unfortunately, I’m sort of ill this week, so I have to keep my entry short. I will try to post soon, and I have a few guests posts coming up. So look out for that. I hope everyone had a great weekend! I just wanted to share one last thing:1003694_2047404743411_615307191_n

This photo on the right is my first day of kindergarden in Green Bay, Wisconsin. I wanted to share it, because it’s another form of inspiration for me. Although the day was important, I think the photo said a lot. To me, my shadow looks like a grownup, despite my young age, and I think the irony in my age and the shadows age on a day where I was beginning school is simply delightful. It’s one of those things I find to be like a little artistic secret from life. It was as if the future saw me before I did, so I keep this photo around to remind me of my goals and the future.

Just sharing for fun!

Don’t forget to mark your calendars!

And if you want a copy of Minutes Before Sunset beforehand, it’s available on  AmazonBarnes & NobleSmashwordsKoboDieselSony, and Apple.

11 Responses to “Event: Book Signing”

1. lpaigewrites July 14, 2013 at 12:20 am #

I wish I could be there :( How very exciting! I hope you have a wonderful experience!

2. Ellyn Baker July 14, 2013 at 6:50 pm #

Have a great time Shannon! Wishing you the very best!

3. Diana Staresinic-Deane July 14, 2013 at 9:21 pm #

Have a fantastic event!

4. L. Marie July 15, 2013 at 8:40 am #

Congrats on your signing. I hope you feel better. I’ve been under the weather myself, so I feel for you!

• Shannon Thompson July 15, 2013 at 3:02 pm #

Thank you! I am all better today :D Hope you feel better soon too!

5. laurie27wsmith July 15, 2013 at 4:40 pm #

There is nothing like a book signing, especially if you end up with writer’s cramp. Love the pic, the writer’s shadow looking to the future.

• Shannon Thompson July 16, 2013 at 8:03 pm #

A writer’s cramp at a book signing would be a lovely “problem” to have :D I’m glad you liked the picture.

• laurie27wsmith July 17, 2013 at 4:41 am #

You’re welcome * oh, repetitive strain injury, ohh.* :-)
        Laurie.

6. kenthinksaloud August 1, 2013 at 6:57 am #

Just pop over to Bangladesh and sign me a copy will you?! Best wishes with the signing :)

1. My Anniversary: A Timeline of this Past Year | Shannon A Thompson - May 1, 2014

[…] July 27, 2013: Book Signing […]