My Five Announcements

20 Jan

Today’s post is going to be both quick and exciting! We may only be one month into 2014 but so much has already happened, and I am here to announce five of those things. I hope you find them as wonderful as I do.

1. I always thank supporters and fellow writers first, and this is no exception.YA Book Reviews is a website dedicated to the young-adult genre. Created by Aubrey Joy, I was delighted when she read Minutes Before Sunset and also took the time to interview me. You can follow Aubrey Joy on BlogLovin, and you can also check out her review and interview by clicking the links.

2. The release date of Seconds Before Sunrise has been moved, but don’t worry! It’s only been pushed back one week. It will now come out March 27, 2014. I’m also accepting review submissions. If you would like your blog to be considered as a pre-reviewer – you would get a free ebook copy – email me at shannonathompson@aol.com. Spaces are limited, but I look forward to hearing from you :D

Bogart looks into the bright future ahead!

Bogart looks into the bright future ahead!

3. If you follow my Facebook Author Page, then you already know this, but I have been upgraded for the new year. I am now the C.O.O. of AEC Stellar Publishing, Inc. While most define a C.O.O. as the Chief Operating Officer, my fellow AEC author, Ryan Attard, redefined it as the Cognitive Operations Overlord. I think I prefer his creative definition.

4. ShannonAThompson.com hit 13,000 followers. Thank you for continuing to show your support. These milestones mean a lot to me, because I know I am getting closer and closer to helping even more people reach their dreams. I cannot achieve anything without you all, so thank you – thank you – and thank you again. I will never say it enough, but I will try to prove how grateful I am with my actions.

5. In addition to what I am already doing, I have decided to begin chasing my ultimate goal today. My ultimate dream is to open an affordable art school where people of all ages can explore their passions and network with accomplished artists in their field. After weeks of consideration, I choose to create a Donations page on this website where you can contribute to this dream today. I look forward to posting more about this goal in the future.

Donate to the dream.

Donate to the dream.

13 Responses to “My Five Announcements”

1. butimbeautiful January 20, 2014 at 12:23 am #

congratulations! I think I prefer the Celestial OVerlord or whatever it was too!

• Shannon A Thompson January 20, 2014 at 8:07 am #

Thank you! I enjoy the overlord idea. Might have to put that on a resume…haha

2. mygirlfriendisoutoftown January 20, 2014 at 2:19 am #

Congratulations and good luck! That art school idea is golden.

• Shannon A Thompson January 20, 2014 at 8:10 am #

Thank you very much! I am working really hard to get there. It may not be accredited, but I think it will be a wonderful place if I can get accomplished artists to come in to teach and connect with upcoming artists.

3. Violet VanDoren January 20, 2014 at 7:30 am #

Sounds like 2014 is turning out to be a great year for you! Congratulations on everything!

4. Katsy Faustino January 20, 2014 at 7:51 am #

Congratulations! I’m excited to read Seconds Before Sunrise :D

5. Kelli January 20, 2014 at 8:58 am #

This is very exciting news! I like the idea of an affordable art school for people of all ages. Another great place to try to get funded is on Kickstarter. I’ve donated to several interesting projects on there. Congrats on your successful new year and good luck!

• Shannon A Thompson January 20, 2014 at 9:36 am #

Thank you for the congrats and the information. I plan on reaching out the more I am able to, so I will definitely branch out to that website as well.

6. anthonystevens January 20, 2014 at 9:09 am #

Do you have any idea where you will setup this art school?

• Shannon A Thompson January 20, 2014 at 9:14 am #

At this point, I’m open to what makes the most sense in the future. I’m still evaluating where it would be most effective, but I would love to create a bigger art scene in the Midwest.

1. January’s Website Wonders | Shannon A Thompson - January 23, 2014

[…] I hope you enjoyed these websites as much as I did. I normally have more, but all the news I announced last time kept my January busy. Thank you for all of your congrats and emails! I really enjoy talking with […]