My Next Novel: Take Me Tomorrow is Almost Here!

5 May

My next novel – Take Me Tomorrow – is almost here!  We even have a Facebook Page. Please like it by clicking here

I know, right?

The cover is already here, and the novel is closer than you think. Only a few months away actually.  AEC Stellar Publishing, Inc. is expecting to release it on July 17, 2014. Normally, I do a cover reveal, but I am trying something new because I want to share your websites here on ShannonAThompson.com.

How can you share your website here on ShannonAThompson.com?

In the comments below, guess what this novel is about and/or ask a question. Be sure to leave a link to your website, and I will link to it on my next post when I answer everyone’s questions and guesses this Friday!

Be sure to take a close look at the cover of Take Me Tomorrow: If you’ve been with me for a while, you know there are more hints scattered throughout this website.

takemetomorrow

Have fun!

44 Responses to “My Next Novel: Take Me Tomorrow is Almost Here!”

1. cinnamonbain May 5, 2014 at 1:32 am #

Reblogged this on THE RAMBOVA FILES.

2. Tuan Ho May 5, 2014 at 5:19 am #

Wow! That looks effin great!

3. elizjamison May 5, 2014 at 5:35 am #

Shannon, is this a new series? The cover is absolutely fantastic! And how did you finish another book so quickly? It seems like the others just came out. You are amazing.

• Shannon A Thompson May 5, 2014 at 10:12 am #

I have added both questions to the post :D Thank you for asking!

4. Charles Yallowitz May 5, 2014 at 6:20 am #

I’m going to guess that one of the characters is dying and trying to live life to the fullest before they’re gone. Maybe even a 24 hour story.

• Shannon A Thompson May 5, 2014 at 10:13 am #

Thank you for guessing, Charles! I have added it to the post.

• Charles Yallowitz May 5, 2014 at 10:19 am #

Glad to play along. Always fun to guess at a plot through a cover.

• Shannon A Thompson May 5, 2014 at 10:21 am #

I thought it would be fun, too. :D I have to admit, I was nervous that no one would respond. lol Seems silly now. Glad it turned out to be so fun.

5. Marianne May 5, 2014 at 8:57 am #

Shannon, you are quite an accomplished young woman, and it’s charming to meet you. Your books sound intriguing. Thank you for visiting my blog.
    Blessings on your success,
    Marianne

• Shannon A Thompson May 5, 2014 at 10:13 am #

Marianne,
      Thank you for coming to check out mine, too :D I look forward to more of your posts.

6. Pau May 5, 2014 at 9:02 am #

I hope you’d give me the opportunity to read your work, Shannon! The cover looks amazing and surely this will be another page-turning novel from you!

• Shannon A Thompson May 5, 2014 at 10:14 am #

Of course I’ll let you read it :D As soon as the review copy is available, I’ll send you an email.

7. The Animation Commendation May 5, 2014 at 9:10 am #

What is this about if I may ask?

8. Tuan Ho May 5, 2014 at 9:56 am #

I have a feeling this book’s about two teens who steal cars for a living then get kidnapped by Lithuanian drug lords who force them to spend the rest of their life inside a giant dog’s anus. Am I close?

• Shannon A Thompson May 5, 2014 at 10:16 am #

LOL Oh, Tuan. Always making me laugh. I have added your guess and website to the post :D

• Jonas Lee May 5, 2014 at 12:33 pm #

Strangely, I don’t picture a dog’s anus having trees, grass or skinny jeans in them. But maybe in Lithuania…

9. heatherbcosta May 5, 2014 at 10:16 am #

Wow, this looks great, I can’t wait to read it!

10. Auntie Doris May 5, 2014 at 11:06 am #

We’ll dear. I’m guessing that it is set in Ireland, and that it is a romantic story about a young couple who are in the business of growing potatoes in muddy fields. I also guess that it is set in the olden days and that the boy wants to elope with the girl on a big ship to find their fortunes in New York, or Liverpool, but probably New York.
    Any road, she doesn’t want to go on the day that he is after her going because she has to help her father with picking the potatoes what with him having a bad back an’all, so she Says to him “take me tomorrow”
    I reckon that he only has tickets for that very afternoon, so he goes to New York or Liverpool, but probably New York, with his brother, and they make a fortune, but he never forgets her, and so he sends for her and her father and pays their passage over, and when they get their they get married and a top physician cures the fathers back. And the brother marries an American girl, or a Scouse girl but probably an American girl.
    Am I right?
    What do I win?

• Shannon A Thompson May 5, 2014 at 11:55 am #

Oh, wow! What a guess. I believe I have been charmed. I felt like I was a reading a story all on its own. I guess you’ll find out if you win on Friday ;)

11. hannahgivens May 5, 2014 at 11:27 am #

I’m guessing it’s a time travel love story in which this girl knows she’s going to fall in love with this guy but it hasn’t happened yet and she decides to change the future. :D

My site is Things Matter at http://www.hannahgivens.wordpress.com.

• Shannon A Thompson May 5, 2014 at 11:56 am #

Thank you for guessing and leaving your website behind! I am really enjoying everyone’s responses :D

12. Sam May 5, 2014 at 11:29 am #

Hm, I’m going to guess that one of the couple (the girl?) has a really bad illness. She has to go to Canada to get discounts on her prescription and he promises to ‘take her tomorrow.’ But something happens and for some reason, he can’t take her and she ignores his calls, but it was a really legit reason! Like, his mom fainted or something. So he’s trying to convince her that he’s serious about being with her and it turns out he’s contracted an illness that’s just as serious and they have to go to Canada together.
    If that’s not it, I might need to write ‘Love and Other Drugs’ fanfiction because that could be a cool plot.

• Shannon A Thompson May 5, 2014 at 11:57 am #

Love that movie! Great guess. I have put it on the list of participants. Be sure to tune in on Friday to find out how close you are :D

13. Zach Hitt May 5, 2014 at 12:59 pm #

Terminal illness is my guess. Interestingly, I have a character in my next novel for whom this is extremely significant. Hope we’re not writing the same thing. :) And by the way, I LOVE this cover.

14. bschillace May 5, 2014 at 2:01 pm #

Interesting–maybe do a feature on the Dose/Reboot?

• Shannon A Thompson May 8, 2014 at 7:15 pm #

I would love to!

• bschillace May 9, 2014 at 9:34 am #

send me an email–I will put you in touch with my series editor! :)

• bschillace May 9, 2014 at 9:34 am #

alternatively, connect with me on twitter @bschillace

15. timothybatesonauthor May 5, 2014 at 2:26 pm #

I’m seeing a lot of reluctance in the girl. To me it looks like the story is going to revolve around her boyfriends desire for the two of them to escape small-town life, and her holding back from making the decision to leave. I think she secretly loves someone else, but that they don’t return the feelings because she has been unable to express them. She is trying to let the current boyfriend down gently, but needs the security of being in a relationship, and can’t move on, until she has plucked up the courage to tell the other person how she feels.
    At least, that’s my guess.

16. bizarrejc May 5, 2014 at 2:55 pm #

Great cover. I think it’s about a person who is very sick. The angel of death comes along and she begs for one more day, saying “Take me tomorrow.” She is given medicine that will last only 24 hours and she and her boyfriend enjoy one more day not thinking about her illness. http://inkwellandpaper.wordpress.com

17. kenthinksaloud May 5, 2014 at 5:30 pm #

Very excited for you Shannon! I hope the book works out just great for you! I won’t even guess what the story line is – I’d just be hopelessly wrong!

18. Barbara Ann May 6, 2014 at 12:26 pm #

Shannon, congratulations on your new novel, Take Me Tomorrow! The cover is beautiful. My reactions: The importance of relationships/connecting with others and trust seem to be important themes.

The remote setting and lack of color or greenery symbolize hardships, bleakness that will be part of the book’s storyline.

The title itself and the “Rx” symbol included in the title indicate a serious health problem. Perhaps one of the characters is struggling with impending death and trying to come to terms with mortality.

This was fun! I can’t wait to see the book’s actual description :)

• Shannon A Thompson May 6, 2014 at 3:33 pm #

Thank you! I am glad everyone is having so much fun with it. I am delighted and blown away by everyone’s guesses (Some of the guesses could be novels all on their own!) so thank you for reading and commenting. :]

• batesonpublishing May 6, 2014 at 11:21 pm #

Hmmm… I actually missed that detail first time around. My guess might have been very different if I’d seen the “Rx”

19. sjordanbaker May 6, 2014 at 3:00 pm #

Congrats! Love the cover; simple, yet intriguing

20. migueltio May 6, 2014 at 5:51 pm #

Wonderful!!! I hope you have great success with it!! Thanks so much for following me too!! Check out my older posts whenever you want!! :)

1. May’s Ketchup | Shannon A Thompson - May 31, 2014

[…] 1. My Next Novel, Take Me Tomorrow, is Almost Here!: If being grateful could burst through a computer screen, my emotions would. I am blown away by how much you all supported my next novel. I cannot wait to share more. (Seriously. I have to restrain myself to prevent spoiling too much.) That being said, the restraints will soon be removed, so expect more information and excerpts to start coming your way in June. If you want to be on the review list, email me at shannonathompson@aol.com. If you want to know more about my YA, dystopian novel about a clairvoyant drug click here to visit Goodreads. […]