Website Update: I am sad to announce I’ve been accused of cheating on Goodreads for the Book of the Month competition. If you’ve voted for Minutes Before Sunset, please verify your identity on the forum as commenters believe 0 books, 0 followers are fake accounts, and this is simply not true. (For instance, if you voted through Facebook, this may have happened.) I have not cheated, and I love my followers. You know how important you all are! You inspire me :] and I’m saddened to see such accusations towards my followers. I have messaged the host of the poll, so I’ll keep everyone updated as this situation is handled properly and effectively.
If you all recall, Minutes Before Sunset needed nominations for “Book of the Month” on Goodreads, and you all succeeded! But I need votes. PLEASE VOTE BY CLICKING THE LINK. We’re in first place thanks to your votes, but I need all of the support I can get to stay in this position.
Thank you for voting: Gregory S. Lamb, Christina Channelle, Amber Forbes, Bob Williams, Marie Bailey, Laura B., Raymond, Silver Wolf, Christie, Kristy Feltenberger Gillespie, Dale Spiller, Dan Pawlowski, Peter John, Tuan Ho, Raul Diaz, Nada Faris, Chris, Jessica, Merilyn Dignum, Andree, Charles E. Yallowitz, Vickie Kayuk, Kerri, Sarah, Ky Grabowski,David Thompson, Chris the Story Reading Ape, Hereswhatsgoingon, Daryl Stewart, Emma, Heather, Abbie, James, Kendal, and Camrin!
So I used to do posts under the topic “Website Wonders.” Basically, I’d share a website that I thought was good for writers and/or readers to use in order to enhance their artistic lives. However, my “last” one was back in January, because I really stopped labeling them as such. (Mainly because they’d be a part of something else, like a Writing Tips post.) But today I bring it back.
On December 8, 2012, I wrote Website Wonders: Twitter: ShanAshleeT23, which directed followers to my Twitter while also giving tips on how to promote yourself via Twitter. I did this for an important reason. I often share websites I come across on my Twitter, and I do this on a regular basis. So today’s post will be the top sites I’ve found and shared on my Twitter in the past month or so:
Writing & Publishing:
- Directory of Fiction Publishers: organized by alphabetized genres Adult—Westerns.
- Word Frequency Counter: Check your novel’s most frequently used words.
- Beautiful and Ugly Words
- How to Tell a Story A helpful TED talk with a lot of great advice and detail
- 50 Amazing and Essential Novels to Enrich Your Library: Great list of timeless novels to share, read, and keep throughout your life.
- 30 Great Opening Lines in Literature: First lines are always so important. Think about these and your own to figure out why first lines are so effective.
- 13 Fantasy Novels That Are Good Despite Their Covers: Judging a book by its cover can be a mistake. These are perfect examples to remind you of this.
- A Mega Summer Reading List by TEDsters: Looking for a great read? I’m a fan of TED talk, and this one is a list by TEDsters.
I also share funny things on my Twitter about my every day life: This is a giant cinnamon roll I ate! It came with a steak knife. How awesome is that?
If you all find any websites you like as a reader or a writer, comment below to share it Also, I hope you voted. It really helps me out. I’m simply flattered you support me here! And I’m excited, because so many more people are supporting Minutes Before Sunset now that the paperback has been released through all major retailers. Check it out if you haven’t already:
June 23: It’s My Birthday :]