About Me

The SparkNotes Version:

32368263_1718230318224142_5490633822670159872_n

LitUp Festival in Independence, Missouri May, 2018

I’m a young adult author, avid reader, and a habitual chatterbox.

Since my first publication in 2007, my work has appeared in numerous poetry collections and anthologies, and two of my YA series are now available. If you love paranormal romance, Minutes Before Sunset, book 1 in the Timely Death trilogy, is for you. It has no vampires or werewolves, and it’s based on Midwest folklore! If you’re looking for a dystopian fantasy, you should check out my Bad Bloods series. It’s sort of like X-Men, but much darker. I am represented by Katelyn Uplinger at D4EO Literary Agency. Looking for other fun facts? I am a SCBWI member in the KS/MO region. During the day, I am The Story Center Program Manager for the Mid-Continent Public Library, the largest library in the Kansas City metro, and I love my job. Come check us out. We’re an awesome home of storytelling. During the night, I write about monsters and mayhem. I enjoy KDramas and baking cookies at midnight. I’m also a cat lady of two gremlins. Between writing and befriending cats, I graduated from the University of Kansas with a bachelor’s degree in English with an emphasis on creative writing, and I travel whenever the road calls.

You can reach me at shannonathompson@aol.com. I’ll be drinking coffee when I read your message.

Talk to you soon!

Bad Bloods July Lightning

Bad Bloods!

Bad Bloods: November Rain (#1) FREE

AmazonBarnes & NobleiBooksKoboSmashwordsGoodreads

Bad Bloods: November Snow (#2)

AmazonBarnes & NobleiBooksKoboSmashwordsGoodreads

Bad Bloods: July Thunder (#3)

AmazonBarnes & NobleiBooksKoboSmashwordsGoodreads

Bad Bloods: July Lightning (#4)

Amazon, Barnes & NobleiBooksKoboSmashwordsGoodreads

The Timely Death Trilogy!

Minutes Before Sunset (#1) FREE

AmazonBarnes & NobleiBooksSmashwordsKoboGoodreads

Seconds Before Sunrise (#2)

AmazonBarnes & NobleiBooksSmashwordsKoboGoodreads

Death Before Daylight (#3)

AmazonBarnes & NobleiBooksSmashwordsKoboGoodreads

804 Responses to “About Me”

1. ~meredith July 6, 2014 at 5:56 pm #

I enjoyed reading about your ascent into authorship. I am so impressed with your mother’s insight, and your openness to make the journey through something so overwhelming. I look forward to reading more of your work. Best wishes, ~Meredith

2. Sam July 7, 2014 at 12:15 pm #

Hey Shannon, I wanted to nominate you for the “Very Inspiring Blogger Award!” I’ve enjoyed following your blog the last few months and I love reading your posts.

3. Hodgepodge 4 the Soul July 7, 2014 at 2:48 pm #

Thank you for following. 🙂

4. benzeknees July 11, 2014 at 1:15 am #

Thanks for following Benzeknees!

5. alanjcain July 16, 2014 at 10:30 am #

Thanks for following my blog! Keep up the great work! 🙂

6. angieneto July 18, 2014 at 4:14 am #

Shannon you are truly an inspiration to all of the new writers embarking on this fantastic journey and I follow your intersting blogs as you always give us not only a piece of your self but an aid to this never ending learning curve of writing. Thank you ❤

7. Nida S. July 24, 2014 at 2:47 pm #

Wow you are an inspiration! A published author at such a young age(I’m sure you get that a lot!). Any tips??? My dream of writing a book clings to me like lint on black.. but I don’t know how to take the plunge!

• Shannon A Thompson July 24, 2014 at 4:37 pm #

You can do it! You just have to believe in yourself, pick up a pen, and write and continue to write. If you’re looking for in-depth tips, I do have a “Tips” page at the top of my bar that includes many pieces of advice in terms of novel-writing.
      Best of luck!

8. Unconfirmed Bachelorette July 27, 2014 at 2:25 pm #

Thank you so much for following my blog. Congratulations on your enormous success. I can’t help but think being owned by a black cat has brought you good juju.

9. ywwp July 28, 2014 at 6:27 am #

Thank you for following my blog – http://YourWellWisherProgram.wordpress.com, it drives me ahead. regards

10. Leya August 7, 2014 at 3:49 pm #

Thank you for following my blog! I can see you are following your dreams – keep going.

• Shannon A Thompson August 7, 2014 at 3:50 pm #

Thank you for checking out my website! Chasing the dream with a passion.

11. Patricia Gilbert August 7, 2014 at 9:05 pm #

Thanks for choosing to follow One Quality, the Finest. We share a love of black cats. Mine is sitting on my knee as I write this.

12. desasmith1449 August 9, 2014 at 3:17 am #

Thanks for following my blog!

• Shannon A Thompson August 9, 2014 at 3:19 am #

I enjoyed your recent post. :]

• desasmith1449 August 9, 2014 at 3:24 am #

Thank you 🙂 you have some very interesting posts. I’ll have to check out your books sometime.

• Shannon A Thompson August 9, 2014 at 3:25 am #

Thank you :] I hope you enjoy the novels if you check them out. I share all reviews here, too. :]

13. Fiona Kernaghan August 17, 2014 at 1:15 pm #

Hi, Shannon.

Just letting you know my WP blog site that you follow, fionakernaghan.com, will be closing and moving to a new server.

To continue following me try twitter – and/or join the “VIP List” on my new site opening in a few days. You’ll get free songs and good stuff that way, too!

Thanks and all the best with your wonderful writing.

14. Christopher Lear August 19, 2014 at 9:28 am #

Hey Shannon!

I just wanted to say a big, warm hello and say thank you for checking out my book. I do hope you quite like it and that it entertains you and even makes you giggle a little bit.

Because what are the great moments in life, but not for giggling?

Have a splendidly magical day! :D,

– Christopher Lear

15. The Literary Melting Pot August 19, 2014 at 5:46 pm #

Thank you for following my blog!

16. jfreshly September 18, 2014 at 3:00 pm #

I’m Baltimore born and bred. Have had Ravens season tickets for some time. Since you enjoy Edgar Allan Poe I though you may enjoy this song lyric I wrote.

Edgar Allan Poe I quote
    When the Ravens smoke
    It’s known as the death toke.

Thank you for following my blog.

I hope you take the time to read my poetry and listen to my songs in an effort to find enjoyment!

• Shannon A Thompson September 18, 2014 at 3:01 pm #

I have been to Baltimore a few times. :] I will definitely continue to check you out. Thanks for sharing your Poe lyrics with me.

• jfreshly September 18, 2014 at 3:04 pm #

Since your Green Bay Packers beat us last year at the Bank I figured you would not mind it 🙂

17. Holly Michael September 19, 2014 at 11:46 pm #

Wow, you grew up in Wisconsin? I grew up in door county. Crooked Lines, my debut novel is set in Wisconsin and in India. And we both love in the Kansas City area. Lawrence is close. :-). Nice to meet you here. I’ll check out your books. Your mom and you look so cute. Hugs! I’m sorry.

• Shannon A Thompson September 20, 2014 at 12:01 am #

I moved around a lot as I was growing up, but I lived in Green Bay for three years of it (long enough to spark my love for the Packers and pick up a husky along the way). I still have cheese heads in my garage. Sounds like you’re quite the traveler, too! Your novel looks very interesting as well, and I appreciate your kind words. KC writers have to stick together. :]

18. reneiexo September 21, 2014 at 5:19 am #

Hi Shannon! Thanks much for following my blog. This is a first step for me in dreaming to be a good writer also. 🙂

19. campconfidential September 22, 2014 at 9:26 am #

Hi Shannon,
    Thanks a bunch for liking my blog. Your stories are really inspirational. Again Thank You

20. pushpinder23 September 22, 2014 at 9:40 am #

Thanks for following my blog. It feels special to get noticed by a Published author. 🙂
    I loved the fact that, you share the interviews with your readers through this Blog. I think. I will learn a lot from these. And, I loved reading your About Me.

21. daveynorthcott September 23, 2014 at 8:04 am #

Hey 🙂 Thanks for stopping by at The imAgine RooM. Looks like you’ve got a great portfolio of writing here, looking forward to exploring further.

• Shannon A Thompson September 23, 2014 at 3:04 pm #

Thanks for stopping by here, too. :] I’ll be sure to come by The imAgine RooM again soon.

22. Eleazar S.G. September 24, 2014 at 2:27 am #

Good taste, Ms. Thompson. Humphrey Bogart was a king! I love the fact he made a film with one of my favorites, Katharine Hepburn, and married one of the sexiest and most interesting ladies in Hollywood, the beautiful and recently late Lauren Bacall.

• Shannon A Thompson September 24, 2014 at 2:40 am #

Just got the collector’s edition of Casablanca. 🙂 Love all of their lives. Reading about them is fascinating.

23. thewhisperingpen September 24, 2014 at 1:51 pm #

You go girl! Impressive resume and collection of published work!

24. annarosemeeds September 26, 2014 at 4:00 pm #

Your books sound wonderful, and I look forward to reading them one day.

• Shannon A Thompson September 26, 2014 at 4:32 pm #

That is so kind! I hope you do get to read them one day. :] They are available everywhere.

25. ninamishkin September 28, 2014 at 10:10 am #

Thanks so much, Shannon, for deciding to follow my blog. Yours certainly looks chockfull of interesting posts to explore. I look forward to many enjoyable visits!

26. Ana Franco October 13, 2014 at 10:02 pm #

Hello! I just wanted to tell that I’ve nominated you for One Lovely Blog Award. Obviously that’s because I just love reading your blog, 🙂 Here’s the post if you wish to see: http://anaisthebookworm.wordpress.com/?p=256&preview=true&preview_id=256&preview_nonce=

27. Heena Rathore P. October 26, 2014 at 10:49 pm #

Hi Shannon! Thanks for following The Reading Bud 🙂
    I’m really happy that it led me to your blog. I’m an aspiring writer and have recently started work on my first novel (it’s a contemporary romance). I’m looking forward to learning a lot about writing from you.
    Thanks again!
    Have a great day.

28. Heena Rathore P. October 26, 2014 at 10:51 pm #

PS: Your books look pretty amazing. If at all you wanna have them reviewed by The Reading Bud, just lemme know!

29. Precious @ Clockwork Desires November 1, 2014 at 5:50 pm #

Thank you for following my blog! I feel special getting noticed by a published author 🙂

30. joysofbookworms November 12, 2014 at 5:21 am #

Hey Shannon! I’ve nominated you for the “One Lovely Blog Award” 🙂 -> http://wp.me/p47zrq-bx

31. Kaine Andrews December 18, 2014 at 4:20 am #

For keeping up with the madness that is the internet, and for plucking just the right chords in me at just the right times, I’ve nominated you for a Very Inspiring Blogger award. Thank you!

32. Cecilia Beatriz December 20, 2014 at 9:06 pm #

Thank you for visiting and following my blog. Yours has interesting stuff and I look forward to reading more of your posts. 🙂

33. suz December 28, 2014 at 9:56 am #

I am very honored you would decide to follow my blog, One Crazy Cook.
    You have had so much happen in your short life thus far. Remaining strong and true to yourself and your talents will be your greatest feat.

Love your writing!

Xo

• Shannon A Thompson December 28, 2014 at 3:15 pm #

I just had some free time open up, and I’ve been meaning to cook more! I thought your detox posts were really interesting. Thank you for your encouragement. :] Looking forward to reading more of your posts.

34. zooeyibz December 28, 2014 at 10:14 am #

From one Elvis fan to another — keep writing! And never underestimate the power of deep-fried peanut butter sandwiches.

• Shannon A Thompson December 28, 2014 at 3:13 pm #

This two sentences are the most beautiful sentences I have ever read! :]

35. lorac888890 December 28, 2014 at 3:33 pm #

Hi, thank you for the follow and keep on writing.

• Shannon A Thompson December 28, 2014 at 4:06 pm #

Yeah! I look forward to your future thoughts. I thought your piece on Writing for Profit was relatable!

• lorac888890 December 28, 2014 at 4:58 pm #

Thank you. I’ll continue to read more from your blog too.

• lorac888890 December 31, 2014 at 2:38 pm #

Hi, have a happy New Year! Take care now.

• Shannon A Thompson December 31, 2014 at 2:59 pm #

Happy New Year!

36. ginachoward January 5, 2015 at 7:33 pm #

Thanks for following, Shannon. Other than our genres, we appear to be kindred spirits. I hope you will add reading my blog as one of your pleasurable activities.

37. honya January 9, 2015 at 10:02 pm #

Shannon, I truly appreciate your writing–both your novels and your blog–and I’ve nominated you for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award.

38. Kaine Andrews March 13, 2015 at 1:39 pm #

Because I love kicking traffic your way – typically with a triumphant shout of “It can be done! See!” to naysayers who claim following dreams is silly – I’ve nominated you for a Liebster Award. If you want to participate and help more people find you or other interesting blogs, the link with rules and such is right here: http://kaineandrews.com/2015/03/13/liebster-award-nomination/

Keep it up!

39. jmdavisauthor March 15, 2015 at 9:35 am #

Thank you for following my blog. I apologize for taking six months to get around to checking out your blog. Congratulations on your upcoming trilogy releases, most impressive. I am also impressed by the services you offer writers. I look forward to reading more of your posts and following your journey. Wishing you the best.

• Shannon A Thompson March 15, 2015 at 10:41 am #

Thank you for checking my website out! I’m glad that you enjoyed some posts and the services, and I appreciate the congratulations. Wishing you the best as well!
      Have a great week,

40. hermionefowl March 24, 2015 at 11:17 pm #

Thanks for being one of my followers! 🙂 To show how much I appreciate you, I’ve nominated you for the Liebster Award: https://victoriajaynesbooks.wordpress.com/2015/03/25/liebster-award-3/

41. joysofbookworms April 15, 2015 at 3:36 am #

Hey Shannon! Just letting you know that I have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger’s Award. Feel free to ignore this if you’ve done it before, but if not check out the link below. 🙂

42. analeeluvsbooks May 18, 2015 at 3:49 pm #

Thank you for following my blog! I’ve had your books on my TBR, and I’m looking forward to reading them; they seem so interesting! ❤

• Shannon A Thompson May 19, 2015 at 11:03 am #

You’re welcome! I saw your article about Shadowhunters! Can’t wait for the TV show to start. I’m a huge fan. If you get around to checking out The Timely Death Trilogy, let me know! I will happily share your reviews, and I hope you enjoy the series.
      Have a great day!

1. About Me | Phoenix Raines - July 18, 2014

[…] About Me. […]

2. Managing Multiple Projects at Once | Shannon A Thompson - August 3, 2014

[…] About Me […]

3. Seconds Before Sunrise by Shannon A Thompson (The Timely Death Trilogy #2) | Tranquil Dreams - August 28, 2014

[…] Shannon is a fantastic writer and you can find her blog right HERE! […]

4. Take Me Tomorrow by Shannon A. Thompson | Tranquil Dreams - September 11, 2014

[…] Make sure to visit Shannon’s blog HERE! […]

5. campconfidential - September 24, 2014

[…] https://shannonathompson.com/aboutme/comment-page-11/#comment-23029 […]

6. Q&A Shannon A. Thompson of Take Me Tomorrow @ShanAshleeT23 | Lit World Interviews - October 3, 2014

[…] Shannon A. Thompson […]

7. Death Before Daylight by Shannon A. Thompson | Tranquil Dreams - January 28, 2015

[…] to head over to check out what Shannon is up to at her blog right HERE! If you haven’t read the Timely Death trilogy, I highly recommend […]

8. Cover Reveal: Seconds Before Sunrise | Tranquil Dreams - April 24, 2015

[…] to the cover reveal for the second book in the Timely Death Trilogy by Shannon A. Thompson called Seconds before Sunrise.  If you’d like to check out my review on it, you can read it […]