August’s Ketchup is here! For those of you just now checking in this month, I write “Ketchup” posts at the end of every month, describing my big moments, top blog post, the post I wish received more views, my top referrer, and more in order to show what goes on behind the scenes here at ShannonAThompson.com. I hope these insights help fellow bloggers see what was popular, but I also hope it entertains the readers who want “extras” for this website!
Thank you for celebrating August with me.
The paperback of Take Me Tomorrow released! I love being able to hold it in my hands, but I love it even more when I know readers have their copies, too. I’ve even received a few photos on Instagram. (Eeeeee!) Thank you for reading my latest novel. I truly hope you’re enjoying it, and I’m unbelievably grateful to all of you who have read, reviewed, and shared Take Me Tomorrow. A sequel has been written, but it is up to you to get it released, so I’m crossing my fingers. :]
My short story, The Pink Scarf, was published in an adult anthology, Ashtrays to Jawbreakers. And it’s free. That’s right. Free. Just click here to check it out.
We also hit 200 ratings on Goodreads.
Top Three Blog Posts:
1. What I’ve Learned Rewriting a Seven-Year-Old Novel: As many of you know, I’m rewriting November Snow – slated for release in November of 2015. It has been quite the adventure though.
2. For Writers: Exercise Your Body, Exercise Your Brain: Because we could all use an excuse to get up from the computer every now and then. (Specially for 30 minutes, 3 days a week.)
3. The Pros and Cons of Beta Readers: Just because two good people are in the same room that doesn’t mean they are good for one another.
The Post I Wish Got More Views:
Managing Multiple Projects at Once: Since I’m going through this right now – between November Snow and Death Before Daylight – I thought this was a personal and helpful post to share with others as they also go through it. Perhaps I’ll even talk about this more as I dive deeper into my current projects.
Top Productivity Tools All Writers Should Know About: Thank you, Ninja Essays.
Other Blog Posts Organized By Topic:
- Happy Paperback! The paperback is out! Available everywhere! Happy moments all around.
- ALS Ice Bucket Challenge and Info: From my YouTube Channel – Coffee and Cats.
- Why Bad Things Happen to Round Characters: Because bad things happen to real people.
- Various Stages of Writer’s Block: A post to giggle at.
- Reading Tips: Read.
- 10 Types of People You Will See at Movie Adaptations: Let us giggle some more.
- Books That Changed My Childhood: Nancy Drew, Among the Hidden, 1-800-Where-R-You, Daughters of the Moon, the BFG, Dear America, etc.
- Website Wonders
At the end of the month, I also like to take a moment to thank all of the websites who supported me by posting reviews, interviews, and features. If you would like to review my novels or interview me, please send me an email at email@example.com. I always love speaking with new bloggers, writers, and readers! And I will share your post on all of my websites.
Interviews: eBook Review Gal
Awarders: Between the Lines
Since I talked about November Snow a lot this month, I thought I would pick out a snowy picture to represent this Ketchup post. Picture by MachoArts.com