2015 has already brought great changes to my life as a writer, reader, and blogger. Since I’ll talk about it more below, I’ll just take this moment to thank everyone for their tremendous support over this emotional month. I have exciting news and updates coming in February! So, look out for that. Until then, here is a summary of January.
For those of you just now checking in this month, Ketchup actually means “catch up.” At the end of every month, I write these posts describing what goes on behind the scenes at ShannonAThompson.com. Some of the topics I cover include my big moments, top blog post, my top referrer, SEO term, and more in order to show insights that will hopefully help fellow bloggers see what was popular. I also hope it entertains the readers who want “extras” for this website.
Thank you for being a part of my life this January!
I lost my publisher at the end of December, but I didn’t talk about it publically until this past month. I was blown away by all of the messages, emails, tweets, and Facebook posts you all sent me, and I will never forget how encouraging every single one of you were and how you continue to support me through this difficult time. I promise I am not giving up! And I am working hard to bring you all a new happy beginning soon. I love all of you!
Another delightful part of this month (and hopefully for more months to come) was how many new authors began working with me through my independent Services. Having this opportunity has brought an endless amount of joy to my life. I hope February connects me with more authors and writers, so please share my Services page if you can. I strive to create affordable and reliable relationships with Indie authors by editing, marketing, and connecting readers with books – but you can read more about my work by clicking this link.
Top Three Blog Posts:
I Lost My Publisher: This was very hard for me to write out my heartbreak, but I will let everyone know that my heart has slowly begun to heal with all of your love guiding me.
- Writing Complex Female Villains: Written by Siamese Mayhem, this guest post delivered a hilarious narrative over a serious issue with females in fiction.
- What Scares Us: Nightmares and cats and life.
Other Blog Posts:
The Lonely Writer: Writing can be a lonely occupation and lifestyle.
- Writing in Shackles: My reaction to finding out I have early on-set Carpal Tunnel.
- Why Dedications Are Important: Dedications are more than dedications.
- Website Wonders: A monthly display of websites for writers and authors.
- Why Writing is Better Than Sex: Written by Global English Editing, this infograph is sure to cause a laugh.
- Hurricanes and Mermaids: I was the hurricane.
- Goodreads Asks How Do You Deal with Writer’s Block: Written by Jeffrey Allen Mays, this debut author talks about the dreaded writer’s block.
- The Scar of Childhood: Scars in fiction versus real life scars.
- Inner Dragons: Written by Deby Fredericks, this writer talks about authors’ inner demons…or dragons.
At the end of the month, I also like to take a moment to thank all of the websites who supported me by posting reviews, interviews, and features. If you would like to review my novels or interview me, please send me an email at email@example.com. I always love speaking with new bloggers, writers, and readers! And I will share your post on all of my websites.
Take Me Tomorrow: Brianna’s Bookish Confessions
Seconds Before Sunrise: Book Gannet
Interviews: The Book Forums