What’s Your Shade Name? And other Author Announcements

22 Mar

Today I have lots of exciting announcements, including an opportunity to win tons of prizes, but there’s something I definitely wanted to start off with:

game2

The first name is your ranking and the second name is…well…your shade name! I’m Student Shoman. What would you get at the Naming of the Dark in Minutes Before Sunset? Feel free to share the name generator around! I worked really hard on it, so I hope your friends and you enjoy it.

My latest novels.

My latest novels.

Now, onto my Author Announcements:

I haven’t done one of these in a while because I’ve been really focusing on bringing fun and engaging articles to everyone – writers and readers alike – but I must share all of this overwhelmingly happy news today.

Seconds Before Sunrise came in the mail. Seconds Before Sunrise is also on Amazon – which means you can read sneak peeks for free. If you don’t want to go there, click Chapter 1 to 3 to check out the first three chapters or click here for Minutes Before Sunset (only $3.89)

AEC Stellar Publishing is actually hosting a VIRTUAL launch party on March 27th from 7 – 9 p.m. (CDT) on Facebook, so come in your pajamas and play games for a chance to win signed paperbacks, bookmarks, and more! I would invite everyone personally, but Facebook makes that really difficult, so I apologize for my massive post invite. However, you are cordially invited to celebrate the dark side via The Timely Death Trilogy. (You can also LIVE interview me. EEEEE!) Click here or the picture below to join in on the fun. I really hope to see everyone there!

SBSpartytime

Click here to join! Win paperbacks, bookmarks, prize packs, and more!

I am beyond ecstatic for the release day! And I wish I could express my gratitude by sending everyone a giant hug or high five in the mail. Your support has been unbelievable. Minutes Before Sunset recently hit 100 ratings with a 4.48 star average on Goodreads because of YOU, and YOU are amazing! I definitely included you all in my “Acknowledgements” inside Seconds Before Sunrise. This is what it said: “An artist’s life has many ups and downs, so thank you to all of the writers, readers, and dreamers for their timeless encouragement and inspiration on ShannonAThompson.com. With all of your love, the future will be filled with art.”

Screen Shot 2014-03-20 at 1.42.36 PM

27 Responses to “What’s Your Shade Name? And other Author Announcements”

1. Tuan Ho March 22, 2014 at 1:08 am #

Warrior Tamesia would like to congratulate you on everything! 🙂

• Shannon A Thompson March 22, 2014 at 1:17 am #

Awesome name! Lol I wish I got warrior. Thank you for the congrats.
      ~ SAT

2. Ky Grabowski March 22, 2014 at 1:45 am #

Guard Konane, is very excited for you 🙂 also happy! Congrats sweets. xo

• Shannon A Thompson March 22, 2014 at 1:48 am #

Love it! Thank you for your sweet words, too. I appreciate your support, Ky! You’re always so encouraging.

3. Harliqueen March 22, 2014 at 7:25 am #

Sounds like things are going so well! 🙂

My name was Warrior Morrisa, great fun 😀

4. Michelle Mueller March 22, 2014 at 7:38 am #

Descendant Morissa. Nice. Congratulations!!

5. Rachel March 22, 2014 at 9:50 am #

Descendant Develle, I’m loving the alliteration of mine! lol congratulations! R x

6. Author Unpublished March 22, 2014 at 12:56 pm #

Congrats! Apparently I’m Descendant Camille. Now if only I knew what a Descendant was in this context. I guess I’ll have to pick up a copy of your book and find out.

• Shannon A Thompson March 22, 2014 at 1:02 pm #

Thank you, Descendant Camille 😀 (I’m having way too much fun calling people by their new “shade” names.) I’ll give you a huge hint: descendants are the most important characters in the trilogy, so – yep – I’m jealous of you since I got “student.”

7. quirkychoi March 22, 2014 at 4:14 pm #

Camille Guard

• Shannon A Thompson March 22, 2014 at 4:19 pm #

That’s awesome! The main Guard in the book is named Camille.

8. yahalomi65 March 23, 2014 at 12:27 am #

I’m Student Shoman too

9. heatherbcosta March 23, 2014 at 2:22 pm #

Congratulations on hitting 100 ratings on Goodreads, your series of books deserve to find great success!

My shade name is ‘Warrior Camille’ – I’m pretty happy with that… 🙂

10. A Writer Inspired March 23, 2014 at 2:47 pm #

I don’t have Facebook but I love this idea, as a Elder Shoman, I love your name generator too. Congratulations on everything!

• Shannon A Thompson March 23, 2014 at 3:18 pm #

Ah! You’re the first “Elder.” I’ve been waiting for one. lol Thanks for reading and commenting. I enjoyed making the name generator.

• A Writer Inspired March 23, 2014 at 3:40 pm #

Finally, having V for my last initial pays off! Too many years of standing in the back of the line 😉

11. bizarrejc April 1, 2014 at 3:35 pm #

Guard Jewella…I like it. Sorry I missed the release party. I hope you had tons of fun.

12. loolytc98 April 4, 2014 at 8:34 pm #

Guard Asahi

1. The After Party | Shannon A Thompson - March 28, 2014

[…] of shades, including 6 guards, 4 elders, 3 warriors, 1 student and 1 descendant during the What’s Your Shade Name? game. Eric even got a little dressed […]

2. March Ketchup | Shannon A Thompson - March 30, 2014

[…] What’s Your Shade Name? And other Author Announcements: The shade name generator was possibly the most fun I’ve had in a long time. It’s also nice to […]

3. My Anniversary: A Timeline of this Past Year | Shannon A Thompson - May 1, 2014

[…] March 22, 2014: Seconds Before Sunrise Paperback Arrives  […]