Website Wonders

28 Jan

Website Wonders:

Every month, I share all of the websites I come across that I find helpful, humorous, or just awesome. Below, you’ll find all of January’s Website Wonders categorized into Writing and Authors as well as Reading. If you enjoy these websites, be sure to like my Facebook page because I share even more websites and photos like this there.

Enjoy!

Writing and Authors:

8 Unstoppable Rules for Writing Killer Short Stories: A great little list.

Where to Find the Best Free Stock Photos: This was supplied to me by a fan, so I had to share!

Can I Mention Brand Name Products in My Fiction?: A fantastic and informative piece.

How Dreams, Goals and Habits Make You a Wildly Productive Writer: We could all be a little more productive. ;]

20 Quotes From The Greatest Love Letters Of The 20th Century: I am a sucker for love letters. I even own a paperback full of the greatest love lovers ever written, but surprisingly, none of these were in the text that I own, so I had to share these!

10419041_779394135462742_7403432182892273426_n

Reading:

Before The Internet, Librarians Would ‘Answer Everything’ — And Still Do: I love librarians. I have always known how important they are, but it was further proved to me during my time at KU. Tami Albin saved my life.

27 Places That Are A Book Lover’s Dream Come True: My dreams!

10 Stephen King Short Stories That Should Be Films: I will add this: as long as they directed it right.

American Libraries: This is a giant archive that you can research and read for free.

6 Beautiful Libraries You Need to Visit Right Now: Oh, the places you will go.

THIS IS THE LAST WEEK YOU CAN BUY ANY OF MY BOOKS.

(Sorry for the bolded capitalization. Sort of.)

Links:

Minutes Before Sunset: AmazonBarnes & NobleSmashwordsKoboDieselSony, and AppleGoodreads.

Seconds Before Sunrise: AmazonBarnes & NobleSmashwordsGoodreads.

Take Me Tomorrow: AmazonBarnes & NobleSmashwordsGoodreads.

14 Responses to “Website Wonders”

1. Famtaq January 28, 2015 at 12:40 am #

These links are so informative. Going to read the one about short stories right away. Thanks for sharing!! 🙂 xx

• Shannon A Thompson January 28, 2015 at 12:45 am #

I’m glad you enjoyed the links! I hope you enjoy the reads as much as I did.

2. Leila Arts January 28, 2015 at 1:23 am #

This looks really useful. Thanks!

3. Mishka Jenkins January 28, 2015 at 4:55 am #

Some great links here, thanks for sharing them. Hope you’re doing well!

4. kingmidget January 28, 2015 at 8:35 am #

Your comment about the Stephen King stories being made into movies is exactly right. Far too many of the stories that have been made into movies were total schlock.

5. Kristina Rienzi, Author January 28, 2015 at 7:59 pm #

Fantastic post! Thank you for sharing 🙂

6. theowllady January 28, 2015 at 8:12 pm #

Reblogged this on theowlladyblog.

7. theowllady January 28, 2015 at 8:12 pm #

Reblogged this on MARSocial Author Business Enhancement Interviews.

8. JK January 28, 2015 at 10:25 pm #

Thank you for sharing! I particularly enjoyed the rules for short fiction and the quotes from love letters.

9. Kaine Andrews January 28, 2015 at 10:45 pm #

Reblogged this on Insomnia, Nightmares and General Madness and commented:
    Some entertaining websites to be found here… and an image that sums up my attitude most mornings.

10. Kaine Andrews January 28, 2015 at 10:49 pm #

Semi-unrelated to the post, with the exception of the note about it being the last week to be able to pick up your work; forgive me if you’ve discussed it elsewhere and I’m just blind, but are you “locked in” to some sort of ownership or no-republish deal with your (unfortunately soon-to-be-ex) publisher? If not, you might want to look at CreateSpace or similar services. It’d give you a way to keep the books out there for the folks who want them, and continue to generate revenue and interest for finding them (or future projects) a new home.

Again, apologies if it’s already come up elsewhere or if I’m sticking my nose somewhere it doesn’t belong. Just curious.

1. Happy New Year from the Claire Violet Thorpe Express | The Claire Violet Thorpe Express - January 30, 2015

[…] Website Wonders (shannonathompson.com) […]