Movie Mention: Interview with the Vampire

6 Oct

Now that I’ve given you all a great YA Halloween read, I thought I’d suggest a good Halloween movie. (But I wouldn’t clarify it as YA, because it is more on the violent side).

Everyone nowadays seems to be in the vampire craze (or at least was in it at some moment). I have to admit—I love vampires. There’s something hauntingly seductive that leaves you tasting evil and realizing it’s delicious. That being said, however, I like DARK vampires. (Not naming anything in particular that isn’t dark…ha). So this movie is only for you if you’re willing to watch some blood with your bloodsucker.

Interview with the Vampire not only is a fantastical novel but it’s a GREAT movie—one of my favorites. Starring Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise, Antonio Banderas, and little Kirsten Dunst this vampire tale submerges you into the impure psychology of becoming and living as a vampire—a damned inhuman being.

So, if you’re searching for a great Halloween movie, go back to 1994, rent this flick, and see what it’s like to really be one of the damned—

“For what the damned really have to say to the damned?”

14 Responses to “Movie Mention: Interview with the Vampire”

1. changeforbetterme October 6, 2012 at 11:44 am #

I’ve read the book and it’s one of my favorites! Like you I like ummm dark vampires 🙂 The movie was great too. It turned out much better then one would think. Good choice!

2. projectaonair October 6, 2012 at 1:44 pm #

I have to be one of the few humans on earth that still hasn’t seen this movie even though I’ve heard so many great things about it…kind of surprising because I like dark vampires too, the way vampires should be, not glowing.

• Shannon Thompson October 6, 2012 at 7:32 pm #

Then see this movie! Really. You’ll love it. It’s not only dark, but it makes you feel as if you’re truly witnessing the fantastical reality of vampires

• projectaonair October 6, 2012 at 8:20 pm #

I intend to now, it’s on my list of movies to watch for Halloween 🙂

• Shannon Thompson October 6, 2012 at 8:59 pm #

Happy to add to that list!
        Let me know how you like it.

3. silfverfisken October 6, 2012 at 1:48 pm #

I love both the book and the movie. One of the few movies that actually is almost as good as the book. And yes. Dark vampires for me too please 😉

4. picturemereading October 7, 2012 at 5:48 am #

I love both the book and the movie..I was surprised because at the time I didn’t really imagine Lestat as Tom Cruise but he really worked well in the part!

5. rangerant October 7, 2012 at 1:42 pm #

I totally agree, Shannon. This is a must film for anyone who loves Vampire films/novels. In fact, I think it’s the only film you need to see. A classic!

6. Jackie Jones October 7, 2012 at 7:01 pm #

I have to admit that I didn’t feel the same kind of darkness from the movie as I did with the book. Sure, I thought it was a great movie, but the portrayal of Lestat to this day unfortunately takes away from what would otherwise have gotten a 10 in my book.

That said however, I do agree that vampire lovers should definitely watch this if they haven’t already :).

7. wbwise October 9, 2012 at 7:59 pm #

I totally agree, it was great when it came out but it hasn’t aged well. That is probably due to Neil Jordan, his films rarely age well.

8. rich October 10, 2012 at 9:54 pm #

both fabulous book and movie.

9. vanessailona October 11, 2012 at 11:15 am #

I loved this movie! I still can’t get over how well/semi-funny Bradd Pitt and Tom Cruise look as a vampire with long blonde hair.

10. angelsin92 October 15, 2012 at 1:56 am #

Great movie, I’m reading the vampire Lestat, sequel to interview! Amazing story in general, book and movie. Brad Pitt, GORGEOUS!

1. Sexy Vampires are thirsty | Cum to the Darkside - August 9, 2013