Movie Mention: V for Vendetta

5 Nov

Remember, remember, the Fifth of November, the Gunpowder Treason and Plot. I know of no reason why the Gunpowder Treason should ever be forgot…

That’s right. Today is the fifth of November; therefore, we are all required (if not overjoyed) to watch V for Vendetta.

This 2005 Sci-Fi thriller will cause you to wear a fox mask and unite with freedom fighters by the end of the movie. If you haven’t already seen this Natalie Portman flick, (I’m sort of disappointed in your movie tastes..ha jk) I think this is a FANTASTIC movie to rent tonight and watch, considering it’s that time of the year where it’s starting to get cold…And, it’s November fifth. Have I mentioned that yet?

I promise it’s entertaining AND intelligent–always twisting more of the plot to fit a conspiracy that delivers quirky lines, fighting the totalitarian government as much as the citizens do.

So rent this movie tonight!

After all, who could forget that the Fifth of November is V for Vendetta day?

Watch trailers (or get more info) here.

11 Responses to “Movie Mention: V for Vendetta”

1. Christian Michael November 5, 2012 at 10:34 am #

Quite right! I posted this link, myself, this morning to my facebook! All my friends were buggering about be thankful. I’m like? Thankful? I’d rather be singing. “Remember, remember, the fifth of November …”

2. picturemereading November 5, 2012 at 3:04 pm #

It is a awesome and creepy movie!

3. wbwise November 5, 2012 at 6:39 pm #

I feel bad for Moore, none of the movies have lived up to his books. Having said that, this isn’t a bad movie; however, just imagine what Nolan would have done with it.

4. kelihasablog November 5, 2012 at 7:12 pm #

I loved the movie… somewhat prophetic I think… 😀

5. kenthinksaloud November 6, 2012 at 5:39 am #

Wonderful movie and one of my favourite “has to be watched again and again” films. Highly recommended!

6. equalpartsofawhole November 6, 2012 at 6:59 am #

Just watched it last night in honor of the holiday. I get chills every single time at the end. A wonderful movie full of powerful ideas.

XOXO
    A

7. Sean Sandulak November 6, 2012 at 7:58 am #

Bought the DVD when it came out. One of my favorite movies. Smart, fun, and very creepy.

8. katemsparkes November 9, 2012 at 3:54 am #

We have a November 5 tradition of watching V for Vendetta, too. One of few movies I enjoy as much as the book- maybe partly because I saw the movie first, or because graphic novels aren’t my preferred fiction format. Both are great, anyway.

And the movie? Oh my goodness, I swear I could listen to Hugo Weaving read the encyclopedia (or Vogon poetry) and be completely enthralled. What a voice.

Next year I might try to make that egg-in-toast thing. 🙂

1. Movie Mention: V for Vendetta « Wyndy Dee - November 6, 2012