Relax & Read: Beautiful Creatures

16 Nov

I was going to save this post for the future, but I couldn’t stop myself today, because I somehow just found out that this YA novel is ALSO being made into a movie. (Comes out in February of 2013)

Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl will transport you into the magical south the moment Lena Duchannes moves into the small town of Gatlin. Once she is there, Ethan Wate, a boy who’s always wanted to leave, suddenly wants to stay, because he is tortured by reoccurring dreams of a past he couldn’t possibly have lived–with a girl who couldn’t possibly be Lena.

Cursed by her sixteenth birthday, Lena will be chosen to either be of the light or the dark, and Ethan is dangerously standing by her side through all of it.

This novel is fantastic! And it is a series.

So check it out if you love the southern mystery of magic, love, and secrets held in darkness.

Check out the book series here.

Watch the movie trailer here.

8 Responses to “Relax & Read: Beautiful Creatures”

1. moonstonemaiden November 16, 2012 at 11:40 am #

I just watched the movie trailer an hour or so ago and it looks awesome! I’m definitely going to look into the books!

2. picturemereading November 16, 2012 at 2:03 pm #

I have never read this one! I need to check it out!

3. elizjamison November 18, 2012 at 12:05 pm #

I just bought the Nook book! I’ve been needing a good YA series since I finished the Fever Series.

• Shannon Thompson November 18, 2012 at 2:27 pm #

I LOVE the Fever series. It’s very good. Let me know how you like Beautiful Creatures.

4. melissaallen93 November 24, 2012 at 4:50 pm #

This book has always been one which I’ve picked up, wanted to buy, but never have. The trailer has pulled me in completely though, and I will most likely buy the book in the morning, thank you for the recommendation!

5. kelihasablog November 25, 2012 at 9:50 am #

Will look for this one too. thanks for the suggestion… 😀

1. Relax & Read: Beautiful Creatures « Wyndy Dee - November 17, 2012

[…] Relax & Read: Beautiful Creatures. […]

2. Movie Mention: Beautiful Creatures « Shannon A Thompson - February 20, 2013

[…] is why I was absolutely ecstatic when I found out it was being made into a movie. I even wrote Relax & Read: Beautiful Creatures on November 16th, hoping to share the movie news–and the tale–with you […]