Movie Mention: Skyfall

19 Nov

Last night I didn’t get out of the theatre until 11:30 p.m. because I went and saw Skyfall, even though I’ve been slightly ill. (Hopefully that goes away in time for Thanksgiving!) But was it worth it?

Probably.

I’m not a HUGE action-movie fan, or a fan of James Bond being blonde-haired and blue-eyed, BUT I did like this movie. The villain reminded me of the Joker, and the movie wasn’t short of classic James Bond lines (or cheesy lines either). But, all in all, it was really entertaining.

I definitely recommend this flick for family movie night (since it is PG-13) or even date night (since not all lovers necessarily want to see Breaking Dawn.) Plus, who doesn’t like Daniel Craig??

Go to the official site here.

P.S If you REALLY love spies, and you want a YA novel to read: check out Ally Carter’s Gallagher Girls Series. Check out the first book, I’d Tell You I Love You, but Then I’d Have to Kill You here.

9 Responses to “Movie Mention: Skyfall”

1. CMrok93 November 19, 2012 at 10:19 am #

Good review Shannon. Quantum of Solace was a huge step-down for the franchise, but thankfully, this one takes it back up to where it was with Casino Royale and hopefully it stays there because it’s just so much damn fun.

2. Zoë November 19, 2012 at 12:57 pm #

😦 My country is still waiting for the release, and I cannot curb my excitement anymore!

3. wbwise November 19, 2012 at 7:58 pm #

I thought it was very well done and, unlike Casino Royale, not too long. Gotta defend QoS though, that is one damn fine movie.

4. jncahill November 19, 2012 at 10:06 pm #

I’m not really a James Bond fan, but I agree. I really liked this one. It was much better than any of the others I’ve seen.

5. mywac November 20, 2012 at 1:42 am #

Hi Shannon – thanks for the ‘like’ on my blog. During MyYearWithoutACareer, one of the jobs I am investigating is working in cinema. As a result, I projected Skyfall twice – and loved it! I thought Javier Bardem was an excellent villain, but this is the first comparison I have seen with ‘the joker’ and an incisive one it is too. Keep up the blogging. Cheers, MYWAC

6. picturemereading November 20, 2012 at 9:20 am #

I never was a Bond fan until the Daniel Craig films!

• Todd Ehlers November 20, 2012 at 6:02 pm #

I’m in agreement. Once you’ve read the actual novels, one realizes how off the mark the series had been. The Connery installments were the closer of the pre-Craigs, but not by much. Craig (and the producers/directors) have far more faithfully (though yet not fully) tied the series to the character of James Bond himself.

7. danpentagram November 25, 2012 at 6:09 am #

I’m yet to see this – may actually wait until it comes out on DVD. It’s weird and interesting how a film franchise can be seen differently in a different country. Over here in the UK, Bond is huge! How is he perceived in America?

• Shannon Thompson November 25, 2012 at 4:39 pm #

He is huge here as well. Almost topped the box office, but another huge movie barely beat it.