Website Wonders

29 Dec

Website Wonders:

Every month, I share all of the websites I come across that I find helpful, humorous, or just awesome. Below, you’ll find all of December’s Website Wonders categorized as so: Reading, Publishing, Around the World, and Learning. If you enjoy these websites, be sure to like my Facebook page because I share even more websites and photos like this there.

Enjoy!

Reading:

Stupid Plot Tricks: The funniest thing I’ve read all week.

10 Book Series So Addictive, You Never Want Them to End: Read forever. Or tell yourself you’ll be reading forever.

Non-fiction Books Everyone Should Read: I’m a HUGE fan of non-fiction, especially memoirs.

8 Books that will have a Profound Impact on your Life: impactful.

10710630_897096090301990_4910407088402865734_nPublishing:

How to Keep Your Paperback Books in Good Condition: I’m a hardback person myself, but this is awesome!

The Art of Making a Book: A really neat video via Facebook

Around the World:

A Majestic Cathedral Made of Living, Breathing Trees: The title explains it, but it’s so much more than that.

21 Photos of Nature Winning the Battle Against Civilization: I’d be okay with nature kicking my ass.

This is what happens when an artist lives in a cave for 25 years

Learning:

Encourage an Artist: Probably my favorite comic I’ve read in a long time.

You Can Easily Learn 100 TED Talks in Five Minutes: It’s a fantastic list to find TED Talks as well as summaries for the ones you might not have time for.

Is Tsu a Scam? 6 Things to Consider: Honestly, I’m not joining Tsu for these reasons as well as many others after I researched it.

P.S. WE HIT 19,000 FOLLOWERS! Thank you for joining this wonderful group of readers and writers. I am grateful. You might have seen this live photo on my Facebook page, but Bogart fainted from the excitement.

bo19

8 Responses to “Website Wonders”

1. Ahmed December 29, 2014 at 12:22 am #

Hello. This sounds interesting, I’m going to follow your Facebook page. Best of luck. 🙂

• Shannon A Thompson December 29, 2014 at 12:58 am #

Looking forward to seeing you over there! I hope you enjoy these websites, too. They are fantastic.

2. Beth Caplin December 29, 2014 at 1:37 am #

Who can afford hardbacks these days?! For almost $30 that’s almost 3 paperbacks. I find paperbacks easier to hold anyway (especially since I do a lot of reading in bed). But I like hearing about other people’s reading quirks.

What sort of memoirs do you like??

• Shannon A Thompson December 29, 2014 at 1:54 am #

I just love hardbacks, but you’re right – they are so expensive. The most recent one I’ve read was also one of my all-time favorites: Smoke Gets in Your Eyes by Caitlin Doughty is about a young mortician. It reminded me of another of my favorites – Mop Men: Inside the World of Crime Scene Cleaners by Alan Emmins. They’re both quirky but talk about very serious subject matters, which is often the type I find myself drawn to.

3. Jean Reinhardt December 29, 2014 at 7:07 am #

Thanks for this post, Shannon, I love it. Plenty of reading for me to do on the week’s leave I’ve taken from work.

• Shannon A Thompson December 29, 2014 at 12:15 pm #

Thanks for checking it out! I hope you enjoy all the links. They surely entertained me. :]

4. theowllady December 29, 2014 at 8:21 pm #

Reblogged this on theowlladyblog.

1. December’s Ketchup | Shannon A Thompson - December 31, 2014

[…] Website Wonders: A classic post provided every month for your entertainment and learning. […]