Anthology & Announcements

27 Oct

I have A LOT of announcements to make, but I don’t want to overwhelm any one with a post simply filled with a checklist of things I need to say (I do have this checklist by the way…in a notebook…on a pink post-it note…ripping slightly in half as I read off of it.) So, for today, I’m going to focus on what happened during my week of guest posts (Weren’t they great? I hope you enjoyed them as much as I did.)

Midterms decided to take place during a very exciting week for me (of course.) But now they’re over, and I can share all of the news I’ve been wanting to talk about on here!

ShannonAThompson.com was Freshly Pressed. Basically, Censorship of Self-Published Authors or Something Else freshlypressedbecame one of the hand-picked articles on the WordPress homepage. And I got a badge–how neat. It’s now beneath my name. This meant a lot to me for numerous reasons, but the most important one is how the information is spreading. I was so delighted to know that the discussion was put in the hands (or on the computer screens) of other readers who might not have come across the piece otherwise. Special thanks to the WordPress editors for featuring it!

On top of this, I got to experience one of those moments an author never forgets: my first published short story arrived in the mail, and I am now able to hold the anthology, 2013: A Stellar Collection, in my hands!

"Sean's Bullet"

“Sean’s Bullet”

My story, Sean’s Bullet, is military fiction, and it’s dedicated to every man and woman who has served, but there is almost every genre you could think of in this collection. There’s thriller, fantasy, contemporary fiction, and science-fiction. We have hilarious reads, like “Big Wolf on Campus” by Ryan Attard, and serious reads, like “Edge of Disaster” by Val Vogel, who recounts Katrina. I was so excited to finally read them all (because I was only able to read two of them before the release, and they were great!) The best part? 2013: A Stellar Collection is available for FREE on Smashwords. Here’s the link. I hope you download it to your library and enjoy these stories. I know I did.

Click Here!

Click Here!

It wasn’t shortly after I read these stories that my Facebook Author Page hit 1,000 likes, another exciting moment for me. I truly feel like I’m reaching out to more people and connecting with authors and readers alike. It’s safe to say this has been a crazy week–a crazy good week–and I am delighted to share everything with everyone.

Now that  I completed midterms, I can continue doing my regular posts. I know midterms doesn’t have anything to do with writing, but I feel really accomplished, and I can put more time into those pesky edits. You might ask, “What edits?” Well, I’m working on Seconds Before Sunrise! And I’ll be announcing the release date soon. So look out for that.

Untitled67

19 Responses to “Anthology & Announcements”

1. Diana Staresinic-Deane October 27, 2013 at 1:00 am #

Wow! Congratulations on being featured on Freshly Pressed! That was a worthy and eye-opening post, and I’m really glad it received the recognition it deserved. Bravo!

• Shannon Thompson October 27, 2013 at 5:22 pm #

Thank you 😀 It was very exciting to get an email beforehand. And I am so happy the post made it to other writers and readers.

2. Hadassa October 27, 2013 at 4:44 am #

Reblogged this on UNBELIEVABLE OFFERS & DISCOUNTS.

3. MRS N, the Author October 27, 2013 at 8:19 am #

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! WHOO HOO! What a great honor and much deserved! The blog post was incredible and informative! 🙂

4. ksbeth October 27, 2013 at 1:34 pm #

lots of good stuff!

5. leannstewart October 27, 2013 at 3:00 pm #

Congratulations for not only being featured on Freshly Pressed but also for reaching 1000 FB fans. That’s awesome!

• Shannon Thompson October 27, 2013 at 5:30 pm #

Thank you 😀 I am really excited about the future!

6. Rebecca Meyer October 27, 2013 at 4:27 pm #

Congratulations! Your blog is great and it’s great reading about fellow writers and their journey into the publishing world.

• Shannon Thompson October 27, 2013 at 5:30 pm #

Thank you for everything you just said. That is so nice. I’m honored to have so many supportive readers.

7. Susannah Ailene Martin October 27, 2013 at 8:14 pm #

I’m glad you got Freshly Pressed, or else I would never have found your blog. Congratulations on your publication, by the way. It’s always an awesome feeling to have someone publish your stuff.

• Shannon Thompson October 31, 2013 at 5:05 am #

Thank you! That means a lot. I am glad you found me on Freshly Press. I’ve followed you back by the way.

8. laurie27wsmith October 28, 2013 at 2:05 am #

Congratulations Shannon, that’s quite a feat being freshly pressed..

• Shannon Thompson October 31, 2013 at 5:06 am #

Thank you! I am very flattered by the whole ordeal. But I’m striving hard to do it again!

9. Paintings Guy October 30, 2013 at 10:12 am #

Congrats to you, clearly a talented and driven individual!

1. My Year in Review | Shannon A Thompson - January 2, 2014

[…] 183 likes and 83 comments, this post was “Freshly Pressed” by WordPress staff in October. I think it went viral because it was featured on the homepage, […]