My First Podcast Interview

9 Apr

Update: Here is the podcast

The press release for Seconds Before Sunrise released, and Ky Grabowski was kind enough to share it on her blog. Check it out by clicking here.

Originally, I was going to post another YouTube video introducing this, but Weebo (my laptop) was not cooperating with me, and I lost the main part of the video. She must be as exhausted as I was, so I am sorry, but please listen to Ryan’s podcast, The Lurking Voice. Our interview goes up on April 10th. We talk about a lot, including my novels, what it has been like to be an author as well as the C.O.O. of a publisher, and my personal life. I’ve even included a small list below of some of the questions I answered. The Lurking Voice has been on my list of favorite podcasts since it started, so this was an experience I was looking forward to for a long time, and for great reason! I had a wonderful time, and I think you will, too. Ryan is hilarious and to the point. I am still looking for my April guest blogger, so if you let me know what your favorite part was as well as what you would like to blog about, you could win the slot!

Here are some of the topics we discussed:

What did you do for your marketing and website in order to get as many fans as you did?

How different was publishing in 2007 than it is today in 2014?

How does November Snow compare to Minutes Before Sunset in The Timely Death Trilogy?

Screen Shot 2014-04-05 at 2.20.05 PMWhat was it like growing up in different environments? How does it affect who you are?

Are you an adventurer? If you had to pick one place to travel, where would you go?

How did the loss of your mother and roommate affect your writing and your career?

What’s your style in poetry? Do you plan on publishing any poetry collections?

What was your main influence as a child? What teachers influenced you?

Where are my gremlins? (haha. Seriously, this is why you need to listen to it.)

How did you start off writing? What were your first writings like? Was November Snow your first piece of writing?

Publishing as young as you did, how did the editing go? How was the writing?

How did you celebrate graduating college?

My favorite quote?

“I can kill small animals and children…in books. In books, people.” – Ryan Attard

But be warned.

Tentacles are featured.

Click here to visit his website. Click here to visit the podcast page.

15 Responses to “My First Podcast Interview”

1. birdwingfoundation April 9, 2014 at 1:50 am #

Reblogged this on Birdwing Foundation.

2. enkousama April 9, 2014 at 5:42 am #

Hehe. Glad you put me in good light. Editing our show right now.

You’re getting a helium voice just for that. There!

3. The Animation Commendation April 9, 2014 at 9:08 am #

Congrats! You look amazingly beautiful, btw, if you don’t mind my saying so!

• Shannon A Thompson April 9, 2014 at 11:55 pm #

Thank you for both the congrats and the kind complement! I don’t mind at all. :]

• The Animation Commendation April 10, 2014 at 8:09 am #

It’s rare to come across a woman who doesn’t like being called “amazingly beautiful”, 😛 !

4. sandradan1 April 9, 2014 at 10:33 am #

Hi Shannon
    To thank you for being one of the first 14 bloggers to follow by new writing blog last year, I have nominated you for the ‘Wonderful Team Member Readership’ award.
    There are not many rules and no questions to answer:-
    1 Thank the blogger who nominated you and include a link to their blog post in your ‘thank you post’.
    2 Place the award logo on your blog
    3 Nominate 14 other bloggers to receive this award and notify them that you nominated them
    4 Please click link below to read more about the award:-
    Please accept this message as a gesture of gratitude. I think it’s a nice gesture to pass these awards along to other bloggers whose writing you enjoy! If you don’t do awards, that’s fine too.
    Happy Blogging!
    Sandra

• Shannon A Thompson April 9, 2014 at 1:50 pm #

Oh, thank you so much, Sandra! I’ll share your post around. You are very kind. Welcome to the blogging world.

5. Susannah Ailene Martin April 9, 2014 at 4:52 pm #

I’ll definitely listen to the podcast when it come up tomorrow. It sounds like a riot.

6. Susannah Ailene Martin April 10, 2014 at 9:48 pm #

I finally listened to the podcast. Ryan is a riot! By the way, I adored the Magic Treehouse series when I was a kid. I owned like 10 of them and cleaned out my local library of them.

• Shannon A Thompson April 11, 2014 at 2:16 am #

Susannah,
      I messaged you on your FB page. Hope you check it out 😀 I’m glad you enjoyed the interview and the Magic Treehouse series as much as I did.

1. April Ketchup | Shannon A Thompson - April 29, 2014