ALS Ice Bucket Challenge and Info

25 Aug

Announcements:

Endless Reading shared quotes from Take Me Tomorrow in her latest book review, stating, “Once the action starts it doesn’t stop. There are twists and turns that will keep the reader engaged.” Check out the full review by clicking here.

ALS Ice Bucket Challenge:

What Ya Readin’? nominated me for the Ice Bucket Challenge, so you can watch my video now, but I wanted to share some important information first.

From the ALS Association, “Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), often referred to as “Lou Gehrig’s Disease,” is a progressive neurodegenerative disease that affects nerve cells in the brain and the spinal cord. Motor neurons reach from the brain to the spinal cord and from the spinal cord to the muscles throughout the body. The progressive degeneration of the motor neurons in ALS eventually leads to their death.” The Ice Bucket Challenge is meant to bring awareness to ALS as well as encourage donations to the ALS Association.

Donate here

Also, I nominate Raymond Vogel, Ryan Attard, and Amber Skye Forbes from AEC Stellar Publishing.

:]

11 Responses to “ALS Ice Bucket Challenge and Info”

1. enkousama August 25, 2014 at 7:21 am #

Awesome. Guess I got a video to shoot. There should be a “getting wet” or a “cold shower” joke in there but can’t think of any

• Shannon A Thompson August 25, 2014 at 12:41 pm #

I sort of expected to hear some sort of joke from you lol It’s the thought that counts. Looking forward to your video!

2. Charles Yallowitz August 25, 2014 at 7:22 am #

Definitely an interesting way to wake up in the morning.

• Shannon A Thompson August 25, 2014 at 12:41 pm #

It was…so cold.

• Charles Yallowitz August 25, 2014 at 12:45 pm #

Hope you had a warming up activity afterwards. My friend who challenged me had the best one: fresh from the oven chocolate chip cookies.

• Shannon A Thompson August 25, 2014 at 12:46 pm #

Oh! That is such a good idea. I just had a sandwich. It was 105 degrees that day here, so I warmed up pretty fast.

• Charles Yallowitz August 25, 2014 at 12:55 pm #

Wow. Surprised the ice water stayed cold at that temp.

3. stephsgrn August 25, 2014 at 1:40 pm #

I enjoyed your post! Most people are just posting their videos, I like the little extra you did by posting info about the disease.

4. iancaimercer August 27, 2014 at 2:46 pm #

Reblogged this on Iancaimercer's Blog and commented:
    Shannon ‘s reaction is brilliant!

1. Ice Bucket Challenge | Themself - August 25, 2014

[…] ALS Ice Bucket Challenge and Info […]

2. August Ketchup | Shannon A Thompson - August 31, 2014

[…] ALS Ice Bucket Challenge and Info: From my YouTube Channel – Coffee and Cats. […]