16 Responses to “A Day in My Life as an Author and Publisher”

1. infinityreads October 20, 2014 at 2:44 am #

my day basically consists of: preparing for school, going to school, homework, go to bed for school. After doing that for roughly 200 days of the year I can say I’m a little sick of it.
    Although I must say your job sounds rather exciting, as you mentioned every day is different and I’m a fan of change 🙂

• Shannon A Thompson October 20, 2014 at 1:19 pm #

One of the hardest parts for me in school was the indefinitely set schedule. I agree with you. Change is energizing. Best of luck with your studies. :]

2. lonelyboy1977 October 20, 2014 at 4:00 am #

I’m impressed (and envious) that you are able to structure your days in such an organised manner. I am absolutely hopeless when it comes to time management. Although it doesn’t help when things outside my control (e.g. family drama) intrude upon my time.

• Shannon A Thompson October 20, 2014 at 1:21 pm #

Oh – trust me – it took a long while for me to realize what times I should be doing certain things and at what point, I had to move onto the next task whether I was done or not with the previous one. I morphed into the Mad Hatter before I ever achieved grounding in the schedule, and I still slip every now and then.

3. Mishka Jenkins October 20, 2014 at 7:41 am #

What a day! 😀

4. Charles Yallowitz October 20, 2014 at 8:32 am #

That’s a pretty intense schedule. Not really sure how to explain my schedule without going for too long. Have a post about it going up in late November, but that’s partially tongue in cheek. It really depends on the kid situation. A morning where he’s a beast before getting him on the bus tends to force me into a less productive day.

• Shannon A Thompson October 20, 2014 at 1:22 pm #

I like reading about others’ schedules in the sense that it is interesting (and helpful) to see how fellow writers balance life, work, and writing all at once.

• Charles Yallowitz October 20, 2014 at 1:37 pm #

I’m going to assume most do it in a way that they don’t really feel balanced. At least that’s my take on it.

• Shannon A Thompson October 20, 2014 at 1:38 pm #

Very true!

5. Val Vogel, CLU, ChFC October 20, 2014 at 10:52 am #

Well done, Shannon. Hugs to such a hard-working lady! Val

6. Bethany Hatheway October 20, 2014 at 11:31 am #

I look forward to my days becoming more like this and less like working at Wendy’s x.x

7. kbeck13 October 20, 2014 at 7:51 pm #

You’re living the dream! That sounds like a wonderful way to spend a work day. Or any day, really. I’ve been slacking quite a bit on the writing fiction front but soon I’ll be working harder on it. My day job revolves around in the agriculture so all my time and energy has been spent towards that lately. I admire your work ethic. There’s so many people these days that aren’t willing to work for what they want and wonder why they aren’t getting there. Great post as always!

8. theowllady October 20, 2014 at 8:44 pm #

Reblogged this on theowlladyblog.

9. Franzi's Book Chase October 22, 2014 at 7:31 am #

Wow, this is one hell of a day. I would have collapsed somewhere in between since I am really not a night person. Hope the construction work is done. 🙂

1. October Ketchup | Shannon A Thompson - October 30, 2014

[…] A Day in my Life as an Author and Publisher: I’ve been meaning to post this for almost a year! You can see into my daily life by reading this […]