#MondayBlogs: Different Writing Techniques of Famous Writers

6 Apr

Intro:

I love info graphics. In fact, I’m a little obsessed with them. So, when Cindy Bates – a freelance editor and writer for Best Essay Tips – contacted me with her very own info graphic to share, I just knew I had to share it. Below, you’ll find a photo that outlines the Different Writing Techniques of Famous Writers.

Different Writing Techniques of Famous Writers

Being a prolific and excellent writer is never easy. It took years to the world’s most famous and topnotch writers to be able to publish their work. For those who are aspiring to become one, possessing this skill does not happen overnight but you can definitely learn many things from famous writers. To improve your writing skills, constant practice is important. The best way to do this is to have your own journal. When you have your personal journal, you can freely write down your thoughts. You get to have your own space where you can express yourself without restraints and inhibitions. Apart from owning a journal, it is also known among famous writers that in order for you to be skilled in writing you also have to be a wide reader. By forming these habits, you can start having your own personal time for writing and to practice not just writing as a skill but as well as an art.

Writing techniques

Want to be a guest blogger? I would love to have you on! I am accepting original posts that focus on reading and writing. A picture and a bio are encouraged. You do not have to be published. If you qualify, please email me at shannonathompson@aol.com.

21 Responses to “#MondayBlogs: Different Writing Techniques of Famous Writers”

1. ToddMedicii April 6, 2015 at 12:07 am #

I loved these!

2. Kaine Andrews April 6, 2015 at 12:19 am #

Reblogged this on Insomnia, Nightmares and General Madness and commented:
    Some entertaining (and eccentric) habits to be seen here. I’ve always been a fan of the 2k a day plan (even though I don’t always hit that mark), m’self.

3. rod April 6, 2015 at 3:14 am #

Interesting. Is ‘phisicality’ correct spelling in the US?

• Shannon A Thompson April 6, 2015 at 8:41 am #

No, I don’t believe it is. Should be physicality. But I imagine it’s difficult to change an info graphic. Still thought Cindy’s information was great!

4. Cristina April 6, 2015 at 3:21 am #

Reblogged this on Crazy Beautiful.

5. The Opening Sentence April 6, 2015 at 4:21 am #

I’ve settled into a routine of writing in the afternoons, in the same cafe, drinking the same coffee. I feel like I’m part of the staff now.
    Chris

• Shannon A Thompson April 6, 2015 at 8:42 am #

Chris,
      You and I have that in common. I even sit in the same chair. One time, I sat somewhere else and the staff walked right past me. When they finally found me they gave me a hard time about not being in my office.

• The Opening Sentence April 6, 2015 at 1:11 pm #

Same here. If I don’t get the sofa the staff wonder why I’m sat at a table!

6. Charles Yallowitz April 6, 2015 at 5:53 am #

I’ve tried the ‘writing lying down’ method. Not easy with a laptop and my arms inevitably give out. Then face meets touchscreen and I have a mess to fix. Thankfully, I only tried it twice. It’s interesting seeing all these ‘author quirks’. Wonder if every one of us has a unique one.

• Shannon A Thompson April 6, 2015 at 8:43 am #

Now that would be fun! If I could create better info graphics, I would love to make one about Indie authors that I know.

• Charles Yallowitz April 6, 2015 at 11:39 am #

That would be a lot of fun. I wouldn’t even know where to start with the info graphics. I can barely use paint programs without making a mess.

7. Claire Smith April 6, 2015 at 6:41 am #

Reblogged this on LMC and commented:
    To get authors motivated for the week! What project are you working on? Share in the comments!

8. flygirl140 April 6, 2015 at 9:02 am #

Reblogged this on Lindsay Boitnott and commented:
    These are some wonderful tips provided by Shannon A Thompson. Hopefully, they will help start your Monday writing with a bang! Check out her site for more interesting tips.

9. Angie April 6, 2015 at 9:52 am #

Reblogged this on Love, Laughter, and Life and commented:
    I really need to follow any one of these strategies. Except maybe not the writing while lying down. I get ideas that way, but writing for me is not comfortable if I am reclining.

1. #MondayBlogs: Different Writing Techniques of Famous Writers | chrispavesic - April 6, 2015

[…] #MondayBlogs: Different Writin… on Shannon A Thompson […]