I don’t know about you all, but April brought Missouri uncountable thunderstorms, rain showers, and book news! (Hehe.) Changes to my Ketchup posts have been made. This time I’m including my YouTube videos and my Dark Members of the Week. In May, I have a bigger surprise for Members of the Dark, so be sure to email me at email@example.com if you want to join!
For those of you just now checking in this month, Ketchup actually means “catch up”. At the end of every month, I write these posts describing what goes on behind the scenes at ShannonAThompson.com. Some of the topics I cover include my big moments, top blog post, my top referrer, SEO term, and more in order to show insights that will hopefully help fellow bloggers see what was popular. I also hope it entertains the readers who want “extras” for this website.
Thank you for being a part of my life this April!
The cover for Seconds Before Sunrise released! And – WOW! – was it an exciting day or what? Not only did we get to see Eric on the front cover, but we also got to enter a giveaway for Minutes Before Sunset and see the new bookmarks I received from Clean Teen Publishing (which – I’m signing for readers, by the way.)
The Timely Death Trilogy is coming back in full-force – all Dark and exciting. The editing and the interior is brand-new as well, and I will be sure to keep everyone updated. I also returned to YouTube, so you will see those links below as well as an increase in my “posts” number since I include those. What an exciting time to be a Member of the Dark!
Top Three Blog Posts:
1.My Weekend Cover Reveal: It’s here. It’s here! And there is even more exciting news to come. More prizes for Members of the Dark. ::winkwink:: I’m so glad you’re enjoying the cover reveals and other news about The Timely Death Trilogy. Expect the last cover and additional events soon.
2. Writer Problems (1-5): I am doubly excited that you all love these! I’m on #12 via my Facebook and Twitter right now, but I’ll be sure to write additional stories that goes along with them when I share 6-10 in May.
3. Rejected? How to Keep Submitting: Keep writing. Keep trying. Never give up!
Other Blog Posts:
- What is the Best Way to Get Published? Traditional vs Indie vs Self-Publishing: Three paths to choose from.
- The Doubtful Writer: Who Says I Can Do This?: I share my doubt.
- Different Writing Techniques of Famous Writers: A smart info graphic.
- How I Fell in Love with Coffee: I’m a coffee junkie.
- Debating Giveaways and Donations: I support both. Here’s why.
- The Importance of Goosebumps: One of my favorite series.
- Turning Dreams into Stories: My inspiration.
- Interview with Bogart, the author kitten: Bogart enjoyed his day in the spotlight.
- Website Wonders: A classic done every month.
- 5 Lessons I’ve Learned Since Becoming an Author: A humorous account of my life as an author on Little Birdy Book Blog.
- Episode Thirteen: Logan’s Run and Dystopian Things (04.28.15)
- Episode Twelve: How to Play with Three Cats at Once (04.26.15)
- Episode Eleven: Authors Surprises! (04.24.15)
- Episode Ten: You Asked, I Answered: (04.10.15)
- Episode Nine: Our Return to Coffee and Cats: (04.03.15)
At the end of the month, I also like to take a moment to thank all of the websites who supported me by posting reviews, interviews, and features. I also like to specially thank the Members of the Dark. Every week, I award one member a “Member of Week” badge, and out of those monthly members, one of them will win an eBook of their choosing as well as more prizes. If you would like to be a member or review my novels or interview me, please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I always love speaking with new bloggers, writers, and readers! And I will share your post on all of my websites.
Death Before Daylight: Reader’s Corner