SS: Reading Event

1 Feb

On February 6, I’m delighted to announce I’ll be participating in KU’s Undergraduate Reading Series. I’ll be reading my nonfiction and poetry.

“The Undergraduate Reading Series showcases exceptional student work from the University of Kansas in a variety of genres…The KU Undergraduate Reading Series kicks off the spring semester with an evening of dazzling student work! Come join us for an evening filled with engrossing poetry, fiction, and short plays. Our February event features the following talented undergraduate writers:

Katherine Hoven
Nadia Imafidon
Shannon Thompson
Justin Wheatley
& more TBA”

If you’re in Kansas this upcoming Wednesday (Feb. 6th), I’d love to see some of you there (and meet!) but I understand many of you don’t live in Kansas or have free time. Both of these links have information: Facebook event & GoodReads event.

Special thanks to poet, Megan Kaminski, for making all of this possible. Read her interview on the Poetry Foundation here.

13 Responses to “SS: Reading Event”

1. P. C. Zick February 1, 2013 at 12:00 pm #

Sorry that I won’t be in Kansas, but congrats on the honor.

2. Jackie February 1, 2013 at 2:12 pm #

Congratulations! I’ve done poetry readings twice, and while I was nervous both times, there’s nothing quite like sending your work out to a live audience and feeling the energy you receive back from them.

3. simpklu February 1, 2013 at 11:45 pm #

Congratulations Shannon. I bet you’ll do well. Is Ashlee Ironwood a pen name? Forgive me, I tend to ask a lot of questions.

• Shannon Thompson February 2, 2013 at 12:22 am #

Ask as many as you like.
      Yes, Ashlee Ironwood is a pen name I had to use on my first publication, because I was a minor, and the publisher didn’t want to risk anything just in case.

4. jhobellkristyl February 2, 2013 at 11:16 am #

Hello, Shannon.

How are you doing? I just want to inform you that I nominated you for THE LOVELY BLOG AWARD. I hope you don’t mind. Feel free to check it out at: http://bookmavenpicks.wordpress.com/2013/02/02/book-mavens-picks-receives-the-one-lovely-blog-award/

Take care always.

Best,
    Jhobell Kristyl

5. meyerlanewrites February 2, 2013 at 1:07 pm #

Congrats Shannon!

6. ellenrobertsyoung February 2, 2013 at 4:55 pm #

Congratulations on the reading. Wish I lived closer to you. And thanks for following my blog.

7. europasicewolf February 3, 2013 at 7:49 am #

Bit far to travel from this side of the pond lol 😉 But I will be there with you in spirit and look forward to hearing all about it if you get the chance 🙂

8. Kev February 13, 2013 at 12:09 pm #

Ever so well done! 🙂

1. November Snow: Unique Syntax and Diction « Shannon A Thompson - February 9, 2013

[…] I was going to record a video of reading my pieces from my Undergraduate Reading Series, but my camera isn’t working, so instead I’m answering a common question I’ve […]

2. My Undergraduate Reading « Shannon A Thompson - February 11, 2013

[…] REALLY wanted to record a video of me reading what I read at the Undergraduate Reading Series (that way, you could experience what the audience did) but, just as I said on the 9th, my camera […]