Another month has passed, and during the month of March, we were able to meet more guest bloggers, read more news, and discover additional websites for writers and readers.
For those of you just now checking in this month, Ketchup actually means “catch up”. At the end of every month, I write these posts describing what goes on behind the scenes at ShannonAThompson.com. Some of the topics I cover include my big moments, top blog post, my top referrer, SEO term, and more in order to show insights that will hopefully help fellow bloggers see what was popular. I also hope it entertains the readers who want “extras” for this website.
Thank you for being a part of my life this March!
The new cover for Minutes Before Sunset, book 1 of The Timely Death Trilogy, was revealed, and what a delight that moment was! I am so happy you all enjoyed the new cover so much. It only makes the upcoming release more exciting. Because of all of the excitement, Clean Teen Publishing is hosting a Goodreads Giveaway. Staring on April 1, you can enter to win 1 of 3 ARCs, so look out for that!
In other news, I also received my copy of my first piece of nonfiction that was ever published. My personal essay, Nowhere, was featured in the 23 volume of Fine Lines, and now it sits on top of my desk, reminding me of why we continue to write and submit and share our work with everyone.
Thank you goes out to all of the readers who’ve supported me – novels, poetry, nonfiction, and all.
Top Three Blog Posts:
The New Cover of Minutes Before Sunset Revealed: Ah! The excitement. Every day, it’s getting more and more difficult to contain my excitement about all of this. I am eternally grateful that you all are excited as well.
- The Lesson of Cats: I’m glad you all enjoy cats as much as I do. Bogart sends his love.
- Being Good Enough: Written by Sandra Nyamu, we were all touched when we read this honest article, describing the feelings of every writer who has been discouraged.
Other Blog Posts:
- How to Keep Blogging: We all need a little motivation.
- Missouri Shows Me: Yes, I moved. Again. And I share what I’ve already learned.
- When Editing Isn’t Necessary: Spoiler alert: it always is. But you don’t have to do it 24/7.
- Get A Room – the Ultimate Author and Reader Connection: Written by Sharon A. Crawford, we see the importance of meeting with readers face-to-face.
- Pros and Cons of Reading Goals: Written by CL Mannarino, this piece covers why we shouldn’t be discouraged if we don’t participate or finish our reading challenges.
- Showing vs. Telling: Written by fellow Clean Teen author, Jennifer Anne Davis explains the important lesson behind show, don’t tell.
- My False Memories and Her Smile: Smiles can change a life.
- Grocery List With Adjectives: Written by fellow KU alumni, Dan Pawlowski, this article shows us how we can find creative ways to remain creative.
- Website Wonders: A classic
Guest Post: During March, I had the wonderful opportunity to guest write for Lit World Interviews. I wrote, How I Found a New Publisher after Losing One.
At the end of the month, I also like to take a moment to thank all of the websites who supported me by posting reviews, interviews, and features. If you would like to review my novels or interview me, please send me an email at email@example.com. I always love speaking with new bloggers, writers, and readers! And I will share your post on all of my websites.
- Death Before Daylight: Mel’s Shelves, The Incorrigible Reader, Coffee, Books, & Art
- Take Me Tomorrow: Writing Room 101, The Troubled Oyster
Interviews: Writing Room 101, Jonas Lee
Awarders: Kaine Andrews (Liebster Award), Addlepates and Booknerds (Liebster Award)
4 thoughts on “March Ketchup”
very nice cover. Good luck with it.
What a fabulous March. Thanks for sharing your highlights and congratulations on you successes 🙂
Thank you! I’m glad you enjoyed the shared information. :]